Default Craig's List for selling boats...

On Mar 29, 7:33�am, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
Wow - one response in 18 hours.

That's incredible. *:)

Actually, that's not too bad.

Especially if your boat is realistically priced.

General rule: If the phone is ringing off the hook it's because you're
underpriced. Folks willing to take a bit of time to find that point in
the marketplace where a willing buyer will just barely agree to pay a
willing seller what it takes to do business will find the time is well
spent.

Eisboch acknowledges that he priced his boat at about half the current
market value just to get rid of it quickly. Craigslist worked well for
him given the parameters of his expectations- even though it appears
that the boat might have gone to a dealer posing as a private party.

The suggestions about adding a photo are spot on. About the only thing
worse than leaving out any sort of photo is advertising without a
price.

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
oups.com...

Eisboch acknowledges that he priced his boat at about half the current
market value just to get rid of it quickly. Craigslist worked well for
him given the parameters of his expectations- even though it appears
that the boat might have gone to a dealer posing as a private party.

-----------------------

True, but the outcome leaves me with mixed feelings. I would have much
preferred that a private party had purchased it and benefited price-wise.
But, on the other hand, the private parties that *did* express interest were
either too far away to arrange to see the boat in a reasonable period of
time or, with a couple of exceptions, were concerned with the fact that the
engine had not been run in a couple of years and wanted to see it after I
had it serviced and they could "sea trial" it. The fact that the boat was
on the hard and not currently registered didn't matter. (A couple of them
actually asked if the price was negotiable.) I understand their concerns,
and it was reflected in the price I asked along with a full disclosure of
the boat's history. I honestly didn't think it would sell until I did the
maintenance.

The buyer, dealer or not, understood the situation and committed to buying
it over the telephone, sight unseen. True to his word, he showed up at the
time he promised, looked the boat over and handed me the money.

I guess the "you snooze, you loose" moral applies.

BTW, this morning Mrs.E. took the bank check to his bank and verified it's
legit. g

Eisboch

RCE RCE is offline

"Eisboch" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

"Loose?" lol .... try "lose"

Eisboch

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:24:36 GMT, "Mike" wrote:

What Eisboch said... pictures. They help immensely. Was the one response you
got any good?

Looker.

A few new pictures Joe ASA 29 March 15th 07 12:22 AM
rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 May 21st 06 05:23 AM
rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 March 20th 06 05:33 AM
rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 January 18th 06 05:48 AM
rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 August 30th 05 05:27 AM