Default fast boat

Did you see the fast boat busted ferrying drugs across the English Channel

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/drug-runner-boat.shtml

It has 8 250hp Yamahammers on the back.

Fredo

"Fredo" wrote in message
Did you see the fast boat busted ferrying drugs across the English Channel

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/drug-runner-boat.shtml

It has 8 250hp Yamahammers on the back.

Fredo

It needs a "kicker" for trolling. ;-)

Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 15, 4:40 pm, Fredo wrote:
Did you see the fast boat busted ferrying drugs across the English Channel

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/drug-runner-boat.shtml

It has 8 250hp Yamahammers on the back.

Fredo

" ... Given the lack of any collaborating evidence, it seems
reasonable to conclude that, although the boat shown in the photograph
may well have been used to smuggle drugs, the description of the drug
bust included in the message may be false or inaccurate. ..."

I would have to agree with the disclaimer in the article.

1) I don't see how a craft like that could avoid becoming airborne at
a high speed, Especially such a high speed that it would be a "Blur"
on a RN Coast Guard radar.

2) The CG shutting the craft down by attempting to "land a helicopter"
on it? I would think that threat of machine gun, heat seeking RPG, or
20 to 40 mm machine cannon would be much more effective.

3) All they'd have to do is follow it. It would have to stop sometime.

4) The boat builders being arrested for selling a boat to a drug
kingpin?

Oh they probably knew about it, but like anybody else that makes any
product. "If you got the money, I got the time" And what you do with
it is your business. ie Sergeant Shultz on Hogans Hero's:
"I know noth-ING!"

5) How do we even know it's used by drug smugglers? And not part of
the Royal Navy CG fleet designed for high speed search 'n rescue? Or
something cool used by Special Forces?

OK, I'll quit for now..

?;* )

Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 15, 8:11 pm, "Tim" wrote:
On Mar 15, 4:40 pm, Fredo wrote:

[...]

Still, that's gotta be one powerful sucker!

I wonder how many gallons per nautical mile that thing burns?

On 15 Mar 2007 18:11:57 -0700, "Tim" wrote:

On Mar 15, 4:40 pm, Fredo wrote:
Did you see the fast boat busted ferrying drugs across the English Channel

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/drug-runner-boat.shtml

It has 8 250hp Yamahammers on the back.

Fredo

" ... Given the lack of any collaborating evidence, it seems
reasonable to conclude that, although the boat shown in the photograph
may well have been used to smuggle drugs, the description of the drug
bust included in the message may be false or inaccurate. ..."

I would have to agree with the disclaimer in the article.

1) I don't see how a craft like that could avoid becoming airborne at
a high speed, Especially such a high speed that it would be a "Blur"
on a RN Coast Guard radar.

To be a blur on radar would require speeds significatly higher than 8
250 horse Yamahas are going to produce.

4) The boat builders being arrested for selling a boat to a drug
kingpin?

I don't know if you remember this, but back during the Iranian Hostage
Crisis, the Iranian "navy" harrassed shipping in the Straights of
Hormuz with gun boats that looked suspiciously like 24 foot Mako
center consoles powered by engines that looked suspiciously like
Mercury 250 horse outboards.

Of course nobody ever admitted it.

I looked at that photo and have to wonder if it's been Photoshopped. I
have my suspicions about short shaft outboards being very effective in
terms of speed on that boat.

Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 15, 8:32?pm, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

I looked at that photo and have to wonder if it's been Photoshopped. I
have my suspicions about short shaft outboards being very effective in
terms of speed on that boat

And it really does seem like an odd boat/engine combination.

"Fredo" wrote in message
Did you see the fast boat busted ferrying drugs across the English Channel

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/drug-runner-boat.shtml

It has 8 250hp Yamahammers on the back.

Fredo

Actually I think it is a Mediterranean drug boat. Was an article a while
back about a boat builder for these boats being busted in Italy or Spain.

CalifBill wrote:
"Fredo" wrote in message
Did you see the fast boat busted ferrying drugs across the English Channel

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/drug-runner-boat.shtml

It has 8 250hp Yamahammers on the back.

Fredo

Actually I think it is a Mediterranean drug boat. Was an article a while
back about a boat builder for these boats being busted in Italy or Spain.

Still, you gotta admit, it looks like it would go pretty darn fast, and
it is boating related. ;-)

Fredo

Tim wrote:
On Mar 15, 8:32?pm, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

I looked at that photo and have to wonder if it's been Photoshopped. I
have my suspicions about short shaft outboards being very effective in
terms of speed on that boat

And it really does seem like an odd boat/engine combination.

The last item is the 8 engine set up for 1.1M Euros
http://www.cromptonmarine.com/list_uk.html

"RJSmithers" wrote in message
. ..
Tim wrote:
On Mar 15, 8:32?pm, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

I looked at that photo and have to wonder if it's been Photoshopped. I
have my suspicions about short shaft outboards being very effective in
terms of speed on that boat

And it really does seem like an odd boat/engine combination.

The last item is the 8 engine set up for 1.1M Euros
http://www.cromptonmarine.com/list_uk.html

5,283.4 gallons fuel tankage.
$ 14,793.52 for a fill-up at 2.80 per gal.

Free wash, though.

Eisboch