Tim Tim is offline

Default fast boat

On Mar 15, 4:40 pm, Fredo wrote:
Did you see the fast boat busted ferrying drugs across the English Channel

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/drug-runner-boat.shtml

It has 8 250hp Yamahammers on the back.

Fredo

" ... Given the lack of any collaborating evidence, it seems
reasonable to conclude that, although the boat shown in the photograph
may well have been used to smuggle drugs, the description of the drug
bust included in the message may be false or inaccurate. ..."

I would have to agree with the disclaimer in the article.

1) I don't see how a craft like that could avoid becoming airborne at
a high speed, Especially such a high speed that it would be a "Blur"
on a RN Coast Guard radar.

2) The CG shutting the craft down by attempting to "land a helicopter"
on it? I would think that threat of machine gun, heat seeking RPG, or
20 to 40 mm machine cannon would be much more effective.

3) All they'd have to do is follow it. It would have to stop sometime.

4) The boat builders being arrested for selling a boat to a drug
kingpin?

Oh they probably knew about it, but like anybody else that makes any
product. "If you got the money, I got the time" And what you do with
it is your business. ie Sergeant Shultz on Hogans Hero's:
"I know noth-ING!"

5) How do we even know it's used by drug smugglers? And not part of
the Royal Navy CG fleet designed for high speed search 'n rescue? Or
something cool used by Special Forces?

OK, I'll quit for now..

?;* )