Default Birth of a Boat

Chuck Gould wrote:
On Mar 9, 5:16?am, JLH wrote:
On 8 Mar 2007 20:06:30 -0800, "Chuck Gould"
wrote:

On Mar 8, 6:47?pm, "JimH" wrote:

If one really didn't shot from shine, they'd think my report on a
visit to a boat factory was a "review". But one would have to be just
about dumber than a barnacle to arrive at that conclusion, so there's
darn little chance of it happening here in the NG. (On the remote
chance that you failed to notice, there *is no* boat to review. Just a
group of molded sections and a partially laid up hull.)

Chuck, what you're implying is a reading comprehension problem.
--
John H

Barnacle: A very low form of marine life that contributes nothing to
the normal operation of a boat and is a PITA simply "along for the
ride". Seems like there will always be a few barnacles. It's fortunate
that we don't have any posters to the NG who are non-contributing
lower life forms simply along for the ride.

But let's examine my egregious screw up:

How would I dare post some boating related content here? Will someobdy
please pray for my poor misguided soul and send me an email informing
me about it? That will give me something to post that would meet with
Jim's approval. I live and die by JimH's opinion of me, and it's so
distressing to see him unhappy or displeased.

Perhaps I should apologize to JimH and his on-line prayer group for
cluttering up the rec.boats board with comments about a visit to a
boat factory. Who gives a durn about boats or how one brand or another
is built? What was I thinking? Anybody know where I can buy a lottery
ticket? Not only would that be the highlight of my week, it would make
interesting, boating related reading. :-)

Perhaps you ought to read some Hemingway. Almost everything you post is
overwritten or overwrought or both. Write shorter sentences. Write
shorter paragraphs. Edit out the fluff.

JLH JLH is offline

wrote:

On Mar 8, 6:47?pm, "JimH" wrote:

[...]

If your apologies are a dime a dozen, a few wouldn't hurt. I've a feeling
they may be worth a little more than that, however.

You've surely done nothing warranting a *real* apology!
--
John H

wrote:

On Mar 8, 6:47?pm, "JimH" wrote:

[...]

interesting, boating related reading. :-)- Hide quoted text -

JimH is nothing but a low life blowhard looking for nothing more than
to be able to act out here because he's a little pansy chicken **** in
real life.

JLH JLH is offline

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:47:30 -0500, "JimH" wrote:

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
oups.com...
I got invited up to observe the progress of the new Fathom 40. Hull #1
is being created in a mammoth aluminum shed up in the bustling town of
Sedro Wooley, WA. Many of the interior layups are done, the stringer
grid popped out of the mold yesterday afternoon, and the hull is
getting prepped for infusion.

Another glowing assessment of a boat by Chuck. How lucky you are to
observe hundreds of boats with no flaws. ;-)

Heck, if one did not know better one might otherwise think your *review* is
a shameless advertisement for Fathom boats.

Ka Ching!

Maybe it would be better if you wrote about boats, Jim. You obviously know
a lot more than Chuck does, and you're surely much more trustworthy.

Go for it!

--
John H