Default Spring?

I just noticed that there is an unusual amount of birds outside, chirping
away.
Is that a sign of an early spring?

Eisboch

Eisboch wrote:
I just noticed that there is an unusual amount of birds outside, chirping
away.
Is that a sign of an early spring?

Eisboch

No, it is a sign of a "false spring", where the weather is perfect, you
think winter is over, and then you get hit with one of the worst cold
spells, ice storms or snow storms you can easily remember.

You heard it here first.

Eisboch wrote:
I just noticed that there is an unusual amount of birds outside, chirping
away.
Is that a sign of an early spring?

Perhaps, but I'm thinking it's more a sign that the birds are freakin'
stupid.

There's still snow on the ground for pete's sake. :)

Speaking of boids...

I had quite the collection at the boid feeder this morning including a
bunch of male and female Cardinals.

Eisboch wrote:
I just noticed that there is an unusual amount of birds outside, chirping
away.
Is that a sign of an early spring?

Perhaps, but I'm thinking it's more a sign that the birds are freakin'
stupid.

There's still snow on the ground for pete's sake. :)

Speaking of boids...

I had quite the collection at the boid feeder this morning including a
bunch of male and female Cardinals.

I means Al Gore is someplace within flying distance and all the birds left
to avoid freezing to death.

JLH JLH is offline

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 16:47:59 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
I just noticed that there is an unusual amount of birds outside, chirping
away.
Is that a sign of an early spring?

Perhaps, but I'm thinking it's more a sign that the birds are freakin'
stupid.

There's still snow on the ground for pete's sake. :)

Speaking of boids...

I had quite the collection at the boid feeder this morning including a
bunch of male and female Cardinals.

The cardinals stay all winter if you keep food in the feeder. They love
black oil sunflower seeds. There are few sights prettier than a bright red
daddy cardinal back dropped by snow.

wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
I just noticed that there is an unusual amount of birds outside, chirping
away.
Is that a sign of an early spring?

Perhaps, but I'm thinking it's more a sign that the birds are freakin'
stupid.

There's still snow on the ground for pete's sake. :)

Speaking of boids...

I had quite the collection at the boid feeder this morning including a
bunch of male and female Cardinals.

Whatta ya mean snow? It was 80 degrees and sunny here yesterday.
Robins have been in the yard for weeks - Cardinals and squirrels all
over the place.
JLH JLH is offline

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:18:21 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

I just noticed that there is an unusual amount of birds outside, chirping
away.
Is that a sign of an early spring?

Eisboch

I think the robins in my yard last month was another sign! The goldfinch
haven't changed colors yet, so summer's not here.
BAR BAR is offline

JLH wrote:
On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:18:21 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

I just noticed that there is an unusual amount of birds outside, chirping
away.
Is that a sign of an early spring?

Eisboch

I think the robins in my yard last month was another sign! The goldfinch
haven't changed colors yet, so summer's not here.

Can we assign blame to your for todays storm rolling through the
mid-atlantic?
JLH JLH is offline

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 08:29:18 -0500, BAR wrote:

JLH wrote:
On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:18:21 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

I just noticed that there is an unusual amount of birds outside, chirping
away.
Is that a sign of an early spring?

Eisboch

I think the robins in my yard last month was another sign! The goldfinch
haven't changed colors yet, so summer's not here.

Can we assign blame to your for todays storm rolling through the
mid-atlantic?

This is unreal! I got up at 7am to find about 1/4 inch of sleet on the
ground. Now we've got almost five inches of snow. What a surprise!

I had to make an emergency trip to the store to get the fixin's for chili.
--
John H

JLH wrote:
On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:18:21 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

I just noticed that there is an unusual amount of birds outside, chirping
away.
Is that a sign of an early spring?

I think the robins in my yard last month was another sign! The goldfinch
haven't changed colors yet, so summer's not here.

Can we assign blame to your for todays storm rolling through the
mid-atlantic?

This is unreal! I got up at 7am to find about 1/4 inch of sleet on the
ground. Now we've got almost five inches of snow. What a surprise!

I had to make an emergency trip to the store to get the fixin's for chili.

Is Al Gore speaking on Global Warming anywhere near your house?