JLH JLH is offline

Default The most important food to take is...

....Orange Metamucil. Don't leave home without it!
--
*****Have a Spectacular Day!*****

John H

"JLH" wrote in message
news
...Orange Metamucil. Don't leave home without it!
--
*****Have a Spectacular Day!*****

John H

Yuk.

Buy a small head of Boston lettuce, add a bit of white wine vinegar, some
garlic and herb seasoning and chow down. Tastes great, very few calories to
speak of and keeps you going.

Eisboch

Eisboch wrote:
"JLH" wrote in message
news
...Orange Metamucil. Don't leave home without it!

Yuk.

Buy a small head of Boston lettuce, add a bit of white wine vinegar, some
garlic and herb seasoning and chow down. Tastes great, very few calories to
speak of and keeps you going.

Bet 'cha didn't know this:

"Butter (Boston)lettuce contains lactucarium which has effects similar
to those of opium. Because of its sedative properties, it is recommended
for treating insomnia, intestinal spasms and palpitations. It is said
that the emperor Domitian "tortured" his guests at banquets by serving
them a head of lettuce at the beginning of the meal. Not allowed to nod
off in front of his imperial majesty, they were forced to fight off
their sleepiness for hours."

Fiendishly clever that Domitian dude.

"JLH" wrote in message
news
...Orange Metamucil. Don't leave home without it!
--
*****Have a Spectacular Day!*****

John H

Boy...you must be 'full of it'!

m...

Bet 'cha didn't know this:

"Butter (Boston)lettuce contains lactucarium which has effects similar to
those of opium. Because of its sedative properties, it is recommended for
treating insomnia, intestinal spasms and palpitations. It is said that the
emperor Domitian "tortured" his guests at banquets by serving them a head
of lettuce at the beginning of the meal. Not allowed to nod off in front
of his imperial majesty, they were forced to fight off their sleepiness
for hours."

Fiendishly clever that Domitian dude.

You're right. I didn't know that. I've been eating it as I described
probably 3 or 4 times a week.
It seems to kill the "hungries" and is quite tasty.

I am just about at the end of the diet phase of my program. For the first
time in 37 years I am under 200 lbs. I've got about 5-6 more pounds to go,
then I'll just focus on the exercise.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message
. ..
snip..
I am just about at the end of the diet phase of my program. For the first
time in 37 years I am under 200 lbs. I've got about 5-6 more pounds to
go, then I'll just focus on the exercise.

Eisboch

Congratulations..that's quite a feat, especially in the winter when we tend
to spend more time indoors hiding from the cold.

"Don White" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message
. ..
snip..
I am just about at the end of the diet phase of my program. For the
first time in 37 years I am under 200 lbs. I've got about 5-6 more
pounds to go, then I'll just focus on the exercise.

Eisboch

Congratulations..that's quite a feat, especially in the winter when we
tend to spend more time indoors hiding from the cold.

Thanks. I am pleased with the results of the efforts. The weight lifting
and cardiovascular workouts are very rewarding in terms of physical
condition.
Now that I am very close to the final goal, I'll admit to the total amount
of weight lost
so far ..... 60 pounds.

I also learned a lot about diet and exercise. Much of the conventional
wisdom is being disproved and a lot of the commercial hype is myth.

Eisboch

JLH JLH is offline

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:10:18 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"JLH" wrote in message
news
...Orange Metamucil. Don't leave home without it!
--
*****Have a Spectacular Day!*****

John H

Yuk.

Buy a small head of Boston lettuce, add a bit of white wine vinegar, some
garlic and herb seasoning and chow down. Tastes great, very few calories to
speak of and keeps you going.

Eisboch

I'm going to give that a try.

When you say 'keeps you going', are you referring to an energy boost or to
'going', like in...well, you know.
--
*****Have a Spectacular Day!*****

John H
JLH JLH is offline

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 14:22:07 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

"JLH" wrote in message
news
...Orange Metamucil. Don't leave home without it!
--
*****Have a Spectacular Day!*****

John H

Boy...you must be 'full of it'!

Donnie, wait for your buddies.

Now...
--
*****Have a Spectacular Day!*****

John H
JLH JLH is offline

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:44:11 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message
. ..
snip..
I am just about at the end of the diet phase of my program. For the
first time in 37 years I am under 200 lbs. I've got about 5-6 more
pounds to go, then I'll just focus on the exercise.

Eisboch

Congratulations..that's quite a feat, especially in the winter when we
tend to spend more time indoors hiding from the cold.

Thanks. I am pleased with the results of the efforts. The weight lifting
and cardiovascular workouts are very rewarding in terms of physical
condition.
Now that I am very close to the final goal, I'll admit to the total amount
of weight lost
so far ..... 60 pounds.

I also learned a lot about diet and exercise. Much of the conventional
wisdom is being disproved and a lot of the commercial hype is myth.

Eisboch

Wow! Congrats. I need to drop about 20, but I really like to eat. Haven't
looked for a diet yet, and wouldn't know where to start. If you've got a
source for some good ideas, pass them on please.
--
*****Have a Spectacular Day!*****

John H