JLH JLH is offline

Default The most important food to take is...

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:44:52 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

"JLH" wrote in message
.. .

Why? We're discussing ways to make your boat go faster.

Besides, that sounded like something Donnie would say.
--
*****Have a Spectacular Day!*****

John H

Does it cupcake? Nice of you to be thinking of me.

Does what cupcake? I've never seen anything cupcake. Do they go 'round and
'round with chocolate on top? You've lost me, Donnie.
--
*****Have a Spectacular Day!*****

John H

"Eisboch" wrote in message
. ..

"Don White" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message
. ..
snip..
I am just about at the end of the diet phase of my program. For the
first time in 37 years I am under 200 lbs. I've got about 5-6 more
pounds to go, then I'll just focus on the exercise.

Eisboch

Congratulations..that's quite a feat, especially in the winter when we
tend to spend more time indoors hiding from the cold.

Thanks. I am pleased with the results of the efforts. The weight lifting
and cardiovascular workouts are very rewarding in terms of physical
condition.
Now that I am very close to the final goal, I'll admit to the total amount
of weight lost
so far ..... 60 pounds.

I also learned a lot about diet and exercise. Much of the conventional
wisdom is being disproved and a lot of the commercial hype is myth.

Eisboch

For what it's worth, my doctor was OK with my odd exercise regimen. I can't
stand exercise machines. Boring. So, I was reading a book about Army
Airborne soldiers, which said that as part of their training, they run with
close to their own weight on their backs. (I'd like to see the backpack that
can handle 175 lbs plus). Anyway, I have these two hills near my house.
They're the type where your vehicle either drops into first gear, or you
come to a stop. :-) So, back in December, I loaded up a backpack with a 30
lb bag of cat litter and attacked both hills, as well as some moderately
sloped terrain for the rest of a 5 mile walk. I added 20 lbs of barbell
weights 3 weeks ago.

Biggest difference: abdomen. I'm not overweight, but things are relocating.
Goal: Stop that trend. It's working.

"Eisboch" wrote in message
. ..

"Don White" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Nice going Richard.

For me....I have lost 30 pounds over the past year and have another 15 to 20
to go. Not being able to exercise at the present since late December is
causing me to really watch what I eat so I don't gain it all back.

"JimH" wrote in message

For me....I have lost 30 pounds over the past year and have another 15 to
20 to go. Not being able to exercise at the present since late December
is causing me to really watch what I eat so I don't gain it all back.

You have a tough, but hopefully short situation to deal with. The weight
will wait. Better to get the back healed.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message
. ..

"JimH" wrote in message

For me....I have lost 30 pounds over the past year and have another 15 to
20 to go. Not being able to exercise at the present since late December
is causing me to really watch what I eat so I don't gain it all back.

You have a tough, but hopefully short situation to deal with. The weight
will wait. Better to get the back healed.

Eisboch

Thanks for the well wishes. It is amazing how ones life can change in a
heartbeat and to think "but for the grace of God"............... ;-)

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:15:16 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

I have an allergy to Boston Lettuce.

One of my old sailing buddys had a saying that became famous among the
crew:

"Never eat where Peter rabbit p*sses"

wrote:

I have an allergy to Boston Lettuce.

One of my old sailing buddys had a saying that became famous among the
crew:

"Never eat where Peter rabbit p*sses"

Hmmmm - never thought of it that way.

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Eisboch" wrote in message
. ..

"Don White" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Two things: I hate running and have bad knees. Therefore is mostly diet
and easy on the knee exercise.

"Don White" wrote in message

"JLH" wrote in message
news
...Orange Metamucil. Don't leave home without it!
--
*****Have a Spectacular Day!*****

John H

Boy...you must be 'full of it'!

Not if he takes the Metamucil. Also used in the treatment of hemorrhoids.
Things you learned in bioengineering field.

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
. net...

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Eisboch" wrote in message
. ..

"Don White" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I'm nearsighted, so I don't run, either.