Default VISTA...works.

Got my new computer finished up this morning, though still waiting
delivery of storage drive. VISTA works fine. Initial first-time startup
takes a long time.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
Got my new computer finished up this morning, though still waiting
delivery of storage drive. VISTA works fine. Initial first-time startup
takes a long time.

Harry - this probably leads indirectly to a pdf file. The source is safe.

10+ tweaks, tricks, and hacks to make Windows Vista fly
Every operating system could stand some tweaking. No matter how many
developers you throw at an OS as complicated as Windows Vista, power users
will always find something they can modify or hack to make it run faster, or
better, or just differently. Here are just a few of the Windows Vista
tweaks, tricks, and hacks we have discovered so far.

http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/click...e0-bf&s=5&fs=0

Don't mean nothing.
JR

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
Got my new computer finished up this morning, though still waiting
delivery of storage drive. VISTA works fine. Initial first-time startup
takes a long time.

Harry - this probably leads indirectly to a pdf file. The source is safe.

10+ tweaks, tricks, and hacks to make Windows Vista fly
Every operating system could stand some tweaking. No matter how many
developers you throw at an OS as complicated as Windows Vista, power users
will always find something they can modify or hack to make it run faster, or
better, or just differently. Here are just a few of the Windows Vista
tweaks, tricks, and hacks we have discovered so far.

http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/click...e0-bf&s=5&fs=0

Yeah, thanks. I'm going to go slow with these sorts of mods.

JR North wrote:
Don't mean nothing.
JR

Harry Krause wrote:
Got my new computer finished up this morning, though still waiting
delivery of storage drive. VISTA works fine. Initial first-time
startup takes a long time.

What doesn't "mean nothin'."

Harry Krause wrote:
Got my new computer finished up this morning, though still waiting
delivery of storage drive. VISTA works fine. Initial first-time startup
takes a long time.

Did you really wonder if it would not work?

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
Got my new computer finished up this morning, though still waiting
delivery of storage drive. VISTA works fine. Initial first-time startup
takes a long time.

Harry - this probably leads indirectly to a pdf file. The source is safe.

10+ tweaks, tricks, and hacks to make Windows Vista fly
Every operating system could stand some tweaking. No matter how many
developers you throw at an OS as complicated as Windows Vista, power
users will always find something they can modify or hack to make it run
faster, or better, or just differently. Here are just a few of the
Windows Vista tweaks, tricks, and hacks we have discovered so far.

http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/click...e0-bf&s=5&fs=0

Yeah, thanks. I'm going to go slow with these sorts of mods.

Document everything you change. On paper. Not on the same note pad the wife
uses for shopping lists.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
Got my new computer finished up this morning, though still waiting
delivery of storage drive. VISTA works fine. Initial first-time startup
takes a long time.

A few questions if I may.

Have you built a RAID array? Which configuration if you did.
What version BIOS?
Does your DVD burn? SATA or PATA interface? Jmicron or Intel controller?

I have the non-wifi version of this board and it's driving me crazy. Doing
research on the web several are having problems.

Thanks.

D.Duck wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
Got my new computer finished up this morning, though still waiting
delivery of storage drive. VISTA works fine. Initial first-time startup
takes a long time.

A few questions if I may.

Have you built a RAID array? Which configuration if you did.
What version BIOS?
Does your DVD burn? SATA or PATA interface? Jmicron or Intel controller?

I have the non-wifi version of this board and it's driving me crazy. Doing
research on the web several are having problems.

Thanks.

No, no raid array in this box.
The damn startup screen goes by so fast I haven't seen which BIOS is on
the boared.
DVD works fine. Hard drives are SATA. So is internal DVD.

D.Duck wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
Got my new computer finished up this morning, though still waiting
delivery of storage drive. VISTA works fine. Initial first-time startup
takes a long time.

A few questions if I may.

Have you built a RAID array? Which configuration if you did.
What version BIOS?
Does your DVD burn? SATA or PATA interface? Jmicron or Intel controller?

I have the non-wifi version of this board and it's driving me crazy.
Doing research on the web several are having problems.

Thanks.

No, no raid array in this box.
The damn startup screen goes by so fast I haven't seen which BIOS is on
the boared.
DVD works fine. Hard drives are SATA. So is internal DVD.

Thanks.

I just can't get the RAID option to work. I'm almost to the point that the
P5B is defective.

Good luck.