Default Terminal boots

I'm looking for the insulating boots that slide over crimp terminals
fastened to terminal studs. Something similar to battery terminal covers,
or 90 deg spark plug boots, only smaller; e.g., fits #14-16 wire ring
connector on a #8-10 stud. I see them in automotive and aircraft wiring
kits, but they're always part of a larger kit. Does anyone know where I
might find them as a single item? I've tried places like Newark and
Allied - no luck.

- Dave

Dave wrote:
I'm looking for the insulating boots that slide over crimp terminals
fastened to terminal studs. Something similar to battery terminal covers,
or 90 deg spark plug boots, only smaller; e.g., fits #14-16 wire ring
connector on a #8-10 stud. I see them in automotive and aircraft wiring
kits, but they're always part of a larger kit. Does anyone know where I
might find them as a single item? I've tried places like Newark and
Allied - no luck.

- Dave

However, here's a link to a firm that will send anything anywhere by
mail order. If they don't have terminal boots and they are at all
marine related they would know where to get them.
Ask for Jeff or Lori if you call them. Very nice people.

http://www.boatelectric.com/

Dave wrote:
I'm looking for the insulating boots that slide over crimp terminals
fastened to terminal studs. Something similar to battery terminal covers,
or 90 deg spark plug boots, only smaller; e.g., fits #14-16 wire ring
connector on a #8-10 stud. I see them in automotive and aircraft wiring
kits, but they're always part of a larger kit. Does anyone know where I
might find them as a single item? I've tried places like Newark and
Allied - no luck.

- Dave

I'm not sure why your looking for such a cover, because, in the marine
world, they cause more harm than good on small gauge wires. The problem
with those boots is they tend to retain moisture within them, resulting
in a corroded connection that you can't see unless you remove the boot.
It might look good, but if you have them, you need to take additional
precaution, or get rid of them all together. A far better, more
reliable, way of protecting your lug connections it to cover them up
with a sealer like liquid tape, or spray them with something like WD40
regularly. On larger gauge wires those caps are there to protect the
connection from accidential shorting to ground while your working in
the area should you drop a tool or something on top of it, but they
still need to be checked for corrosion regularly.

John