Default What Pillar point does before sending the boat to the salvagers.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/boa/257139124.html

But if no one buys the old boat, and is probably a wood boat, and the salmon
permit is transferable to a smaller boat and not worth a lot, the boat will
go to a salvager. And where does the salvager get to break the boat and
load it into a truck?

Calif Bill wrote:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/boa/257139124.html

But if no one buys the old boat, and is probably a wood boat, and the salmon
permit is transferable to a smaller boat and not worth a lot, the boat will
go to a salvager. And where does the salvager get to break the boat and
load it into a truck?

I asked the Harbor Master at Pillar point, via email, here is the EXACT
exchange, and notice, I gave him your exact words, Bill!:

Hello, a person on a newsgroup has said that when someone doesn't pay
their slip fees, or abandon a boat in your marina, that you simply tow
it up on the beach and let the salvagers have at it. His exact words

"At Pillar Point Harbor in Calif, the put the abandoned and dead beat
slip
paying boats in "The Box". They tow them up on the beach and let the
salvagers go at them."

Is this true? I have looked up California law concerning abandoning
boats in this manner, and have found out that it is illegal. It is also

a violation of CA environmental law, so I find it hard to believe that
you practice this illegally, if at all. I'd like to know that if you
do, how is it done legally? I will be awaiting your reply, thank you.

Sir,
Please rest assured that this practice is not done at Pillar Point, or
any other marina operated by San Mateo county. Our county prides itself

on being in the forefront of environmental regulation, and to do
anything such as you have described above would, as you have stated,
not only be illegal under California criminal statutes, but also under
the strict guidelines of our state's environmental laws. There is an
area that is commonly referred to as the box. This area is where we put

watercraft to hold, that are grossly delinquent in fees. This area is
not, however, a salvage area. We hold the watercraft in this area until

either payments have been satisfied, or liens are in place. In the
worst case, if liens are intact, we dispose of the boats in a legal
manner. This usually involves selling either at auction, or to licensed

salvagers. Thank you for your interest

"basskisser" wrote in message
ps.com...

Calif Bill wrote:
[...]

I said they pull them up to the box and that is where a salvager gets them.
Most boats have to be broken before they can get hauled to the trash dump.
Just like the Jimh and his back post. You show you have no socially
redeaming values!

Calif Bill wrote:
[...]

Bill, your EXACT WORDS, that I quoted to the harbor master we
"At Pillar Point Harbor in Calif, the put the abandoned and dead beat
slip
paying boats in "The Box". They tow them up on the beach and let the
salvagers go at them."

Are you denying that?

His reply was:

Sir,
Please rest assured that this practice is not done at Pillar Point, or
any other marina operated by San Mateo county.

and it goes on. Are you denying THIS?

If you are not denying either one you either was lying or just dead
wrong. Which is it?

The JimH and his back post??? Are you serious? Perhaps you haven't seen
that he done NOTHING but stir **** upon his return. Well, he did whine
about his back. You also must be absolutely blind in the fact that for
a LONG time, JimH has said untrue things, made wild allegations, and
nasty remarks about me, my wife and my children. Apparently that
doesn't bother you, huh? If not, you should be the last person on earth
to talk about one's redeeming values.

"basskisser" wrote in message
ups.com...

Calif Bill wrote:
[...]

And you never left, and have done nothing constructive here except pile in
**** to stir!

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...

And you never left, and have done nothing constructive here *except pile in
**** to stir*!

Huh! You sure do talk funny down there in Kalifornia.