Default Help Installing A Bow Mount Trolling Motor

My wife gave me a Minn Kota Bow Mount trolling motor for Christmas. It
came with machine bolts and nuts and I'm trying to figure out how to
install this thing. I have a 17' Key West. I cannot access under the
deck to use the machine bolts. Do they have wood supports molded under
the deck for mounting accessories like this or railing? If so, can I
just use stainless steel wood screws? Before I pull out the drill I
would appreciate any advice.

wrote in message
ups.com...
My wife gave me a Minn Kota Bow Mount trolling motor for Christmas. It
came with machine bolts and nuts and I'm trying to figure out how to
install this thing. I have a 17' Key West. I cannot access under the
deck to use the machine bolts. Do they have wood supports molded under
the deck for mounting accessories like this or railing? If so, can I
just use stainless steel wood screws? Before I pull out the drill I
would appreciate any advice.

They also have expanding nuts for blind hole mounting.

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On 27 Dec 2006 16:20:41 -0800, penned the
following well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

My wife gave me a Minn Kota Bow Mount trolling motor for Christmas. It
came with machine bolts and nuts and I'm trying to figure out how to
install this thing. I have a 17' Key West. I cannot access under the
deck to use the machine bolts. Do they have wood supports molded under
the deck for mounting accessories like this or railing? If so, can I
just use stainless steel wood screws? Before I pull out the drill I
would appreciate any advice.

Joe, try this link and see if it is what you need....
http://tinyurl.com/tesaj

If you suspect that there is structure underneath the proposed
mounting area that would interfere.... a quick call to the boat
manufacturer couldn't hurt....

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

I have used those fasteners before. They are much cheaper through this
supplier:

http://tinyurl.com/wfp9j

TROLLING MOTOR QUESTION. IS TO MUCH TO MUCH? Antihero General 1 July 26th 06 03:38 PM
Trolling Motor Wire Gauge Dan Sanders General 0 July 5th 06 03:41 PM
Bow mount trolling motor JB General 4 May 3rd 06 03:18 PM
The Best Way to Provide 24-volt for a 24-volt Trolling Motor? [email protected] General 8 November 16th 05 03:18 AM
11' Inflatable boat with Electric Trolling motor. BoatsToGo General 1 December 15th 04 09:01 PM