Default What size Trim Tabs for 23' runabout?

I have a 92 BlueWater cuddy runabout in need of trim tabs.

What size trim tabs should I go with?

Has anyone tried/reviewed/know of anyone with "Smart Tabs"?

Thanks
-josh

--- AntiSpam/harvest ---
Remove X's to send email to me.

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 18:09:36 -0800, Josh Assing
wrote:

I have a 92 BlueWater cuddy runabout in need of trim tabs.

What size trim tabs should I go with?

I would suggest calling the customer service folks at Bennett Trim
Tabs and/or go to their web site:

http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/

I called them when we were putting new tabs on my old boat and they
were very helpful and knowledgable.

Has anyone tried/reviewed/know of anyone with "Smart Tabs"?

No, never heard of them.

Dan Dan is offline

Josh Assing wrote:

I have a 92 BlueWater cuddy runabout in need of trim tabs.

What size trim tabs should I go with?

Has anyone tried/reviewed/know of anyone with "Smart Tabs"?

Thanks
-josh

--- AntiSpam/harvest ---
Remove X's to send email to me.

I know no one with Smart Tabs but I have seen their ads. They look like
a simple strut or spring that forces both tabs down with equal pressure.
A conventional trim tab system is individually adjustable, as you
would expect, to properly balance the boat. They also look like they
are going to get in the way on a trailer boat since they are going to
hang down without any water to move them.

FWIW, a friend of mine walked into Bennett's office in Deerfield Beach,
FL with his old pump in hand. It was very old - over 15 years at the
time. He gave up on trying to find replacement parts so he stopped in
for advice.

He walked out with a refurbished pump that looked like it was new. No
Charge!

If nothing else, Bennett is a company that really stands behind their
products so give them a look if you decide to consider conventional trim
tabs.

Dan

SmartTabs are an inexpensive option but they won't help trim the boat side
to side; they're designed to help you get on plane at a slower speed with
minimal bow rise and keep you on plane longer as you slow down.
So, they're good for half the price, but not as effective and not adjustable
while underway.

"Josh Assing" wrote in message
I have a 92 BlueWater cuddy runabout in need of trim tabs.

What size trim tabs should I go with?

Has anyone tried/reviewed/know of anyone with "Smart Tabs"?

Thanks
-josh

--- AntiSpam/harvest ---
Remove X's to send email to me.

I have a pair of the tournament tabs on my 19 1/2 bow rider. They look like
they are the same size as the m80's but I'd like the black better. They
work great. I'd go with those m120's for a boat your size unless you have
limited space on the transom. The m80s or tournament tabs only need 8" on
each side. The 120s need 10". Forget the non-powered ones, you need to be
able to move them as needed. In rough water you can put them down a little
even at higher speeds. And I leave them all the way down for wakeboarding.

Bennett trim tabs Alec Electronics 5 September 18th 06 07:22 PM
Trim tabs size question Big Daddy General 35 November 24th 04 04:51 PM
Trim tabs Larry General 5 October 29th 03 01:55 AM
trim tabs werlax General 12 September 13th 03 03:11 AM
Ignorant Dupes jlrogers ASA 109 August 11th 03 11:16 AM