Tim Tim is offline

Default Arctic Ice Could Be Gone by 2040

basskisser wrote:

When you said it.

right

ACP ACP is offline

On 12 Dec 2006 09:22:50 -0800, "basskisser"
wrote:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...NGE5MTQ211.DTL

Here 'ya go Bassy - instead of the sfgate, try some real science fro
the experts.

Small snippet:

"Analysis of records (Figures 2, 3) also shows that long-term ice
trends are small and generally not statistically significant (at 95%
level), while trends for shorter records are not indicative of the
long-term tendencies due to large-amplitude LFO."

http://www.frontier.iarc.uaf.edu/~ig.../ice/index.php

Oh boy! Stirring the pot. 8)

wrote:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...NGE5MTQ211.DTL

Here 'ya go Bassy - instead of the sfgate, try some real science fro
the experts.

Small snippet:

"Analysis of records (Figures 2, 3) also shows that long-term ice
trends are small and generally not statistically significant (at 95%
level), while trends for shorter records are not indicative of the
long-term tendencies due to large-amplitude LFO."

http://www.frontier.iarc.uaf.edu/~ig.../ice/index.php

Tom,
You do know you are debating an issue with someone who believes Schnapps
is a whiskey, even though the source he cited to prove his point stated
Whiskey must be aged in charred oak barrels to be considered a whiskey.

Do you really think you will be able to convince him of anything? Do
you really think you can have an intellectual debate with Bassy

The San Francisco Gate... The bellweather of unbiased journalism. g

The San Francisco Gate????? WTF?? David Perlman is the San Francisco
Chronicle Science Writer. And, did you just happen to see that there
were 15,000 scientists at the American Geophysical Union annual meeting
saying the same things? I know, I know, the party that you goose step
to has told you that global warming isn't happening. And what about the
team of scientist from the National Snow and Ice Data Center at the
University of Colorado and the International Arctic Research Center at
the University of Alaska in Fairbanks? Suppose they don't know what
they are talking about, but Rush and Hannity do, huh?

Well, I take it that you don't believe the article? Prove the writer
wrong. I'll be waiting.

I love you too, man. Peace.

Chuck! *You* got sucked into an obvious troll?

On 12 Dec 2006 11:23:27 -0800, "Chuck Gould"
wrote:

basskisser wrote:
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...NGE5MTQ211.DTL

Ice is a fluid that ebbs and flows

10,000 years ago, there were glaciers covering most of the area where I
now live.
They receded. Undoubtedly was *not* due to a buildup of greenhouse
gasses from the cooking fires of the handful of natives living in the
area.

The earth has been almost steadily "warming" since the last ice age, so
the people who say that this is a natural phenomenon have some science
on their side. At the same time,
it would seem plausible that industrial activities, deforestation, and
combustion of fossil fuels by all manner of vehicles (and vessels!) are
likely contributing to or accelerating the warming.

Will we reorganize societies and economies to reduce greenhouse gasses?
Probably not.
So far, the only real results I can see from all the yakkity yak about
global warming- with people who insist that man is the sole culprit on
one side of the argument and with people who insist that man does not
have the capacity to affect the planet on the other side of the
argument is an increase in methane and carbon dioxide. :-)

It isn't difficult to come up with a list of various species that have
perished on this planet due
to climate change, and it isn't entirely imposible that human beings
might someday be added to that list.

In the final analysis; nobody with a motorized pleasure boat has any
license, at all, to seriously complain about the global consumption of
fossil fuel. (Sort of like Al Gore travelling around in a big SUV). A
true believer would need to sink his or her boat, junk out his or her
car (not just sell it, and transfer the problem to another person), and
take up walking, rowing, and bicycling instead.

--
John H

*Have a great Christmas and a spectacular New Year!*

wrote:

[...]

And thus "Reggie" continues in his flaming ass ways...

Hi, Harry!

This was just to give you some of the attention you're obviously lacking.
--
John H

*Have a great Christmas and a spectacular New Year!*

Tim Tim is offline

basskisser wrote:

Well, I take it that you don't believe the article? Prove the writer
wrong. I'll be waiting.

34 years?

Tim wrote:
basskisser wrote:
Well, I take it that you don't believe the article? Prove the writer
wrong. I'll be waiting.

34 years?

lol, I am glad I wasn't drinking something.

JohnH wrote:
Chuck! *You* got sucked into an obvious troll?

Only to comment that people who consume mass amounts of fuel for
discretionary pursuits, (and that would be virtually all powerboaters),
are a bit light on credentials for griping about global warming.

Book on Arctic voyage 1905-1906 Josephi Marsdon UK Power Boats 1 April 9th 11 01:25 PM
Arctic Ice Melting basskisser General 20 September 21st 06 11:28 AM
Check out this book about a 1905 voyage to the Arctic Josephi Marsdon ASA 2 August 24th 06 09:03 PM
HAM and SSB Frequencies Bill Cruising 5 August 18th 05 07:58 PM