Default Sad golf story..somewhat OT

Joe was teeing off from the back tees. On his downswing, he suddenly

realized that his wife, Mary, was about to tee off from the red tees,

directly in his path. Unable to stop his down swing he nailed the

ball, hit Mary directly in the right temple, killing her instantly.

A few days later Joe received a call from the coroner concerning her
autopsy.

"Joe, your wife seems to have died from blunt force trauma to the head.

You said you hit a golf ball and struck her in the temple. Is that

correct?"

"Yes sir," Joe replied, "that's correct."

"Well, Joe, I also found a large bruise on Mary's right hip. Do you know

anything about that?"

"Yes sir," Joe said, "That would have been my mulligan."

***** Have a super day! *****

John

"JohnH" wrote in message
Joe was teeing off from the back tees. On his downswing, he suddenly

Somewhat OT? WTF does a lame golf joke have to do with boating? Can't you
stop typing for even an hour or two, or have you become totally dependent on
this NG?

John, was that really necessary? That's how all the crap gets started around
here. Unless it's a personal attack, leave it alone. If it *is* a personal
attack, it should be taken out of the group... but *that* will never happen.
It's a 'saving face' kinda thing.

Besides, that joke is an oldie but goodie.

--Mike

"John Wentworth" wrote in message
. ..

Tim wrote:
John, do you really have a problem with an occasional joke? even a lame
one?

John Wentworth wrote:

"JohnH" wrote in message
. ..

Joe was teeing off from the back tees. On his downswing, he suddenly

Somewhat OT? WTF does a lame golf joke have to do with boating? Can't you
stop typing for even an hour or two, or have you become totally dependent on
this NG?

Sheriff John Henry............ a man of no nonsense.

"Mike" wrote in message
t...
John, was that really necessary? That's how all the crap gets started
around here. Unless it's a personal attack, leave it alone. If it *is* a
personal attack, it should be taken out of the group... but *that* will
never happen. It's a 'saving face' kinda thing.

Besides, that joke is an oldie but goodie.

Yes, it was. And, no, that's not how all the crap gets started around here.
The crap gets started by posters who feel this forum is suitable for
displaying their choice of OT subject, which offends another OT poster whose
tastes differ. Then another 4 or 5 OT posters chime in and the thread
stretches on forever. At some point the thread is cross-posted and the real
fun starts. Standing in the middle is some Solomon who attempts to determine
which posts are offensive and which are okay. At that point another argument
breaks out over the fairness of Solomon's judgments. Yes, the "personal
attack" threads are the most offensive, but it's the climate of "post what
you want" that grants approval to the posters who contribute to them.

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 20:15:05 -0500, "John Wentworth"
wrote:

"JohnH" wrote in message
.. .
Joe was teeing off from the back tees. On his downswing, he suddenly

Somewhat OT? WTF does a lame golf joke have to do with boating? Can't you
stop typing for even an hour or two, or have you become totally dependent on
this NG?

Yes.

Did you have a bad day yesterday?
***** Have a super day! *****

John

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 07:26:43 -0500, "John Wentworth"
wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message
et...
[...]

You make a point. You should come on board when some of the real political
or religious crap comes into play.

Are you doing a lot of boating now?
***** Have a super day! *****

John

"JohnH" wrote in message You make a point. You
should come on board when some of the real political
or religious crap comes into play.

Are you doing a lot of boating now?

John

Today it's 15° and snowing, with NW winds gusting to 28mph, so, no, I'm not
doing a lot of boating. Boating in New Hampshire will resume sometime in May
unless you're the sort who likes to dodge ice.

The difference in our viewpoints seem to be that you differentiate between
"real political or religious crap" and general run-of-the-mill crap, and I
don't. I can't see how you can discourage one type of crap while condoning
another type. Our Solomon tried it and seems to have gotten drop-kicked in
the butt.

Anyway, this ends my OT posting for a while. Any southern boaters who would
like to share a story about a cruise to the islands or a fishing trip to a
favorite lake should feel free to do so. That sort of thing does lend hope
that spring will come someday.

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 09:35:48 -0500, "John Wentworth"
wrote:

[...]

I've not been opposed to postings about subjects other than boating, e.g.
photography, cars, tractors, etc, etc, because the topics were not designed
to be incendiary. In other words, I'm not a 'purist' with regard to the
topic.

However, there is a set of subjects which will incite flame wars, politics
and religion being subsets thereof, along with subjects designed to lead to
political posturing, like global warming and WalMart.

Today is cold here also. Yesterday I developed a cough which has torn my
throat up. I won't be doing any boating. Besides, the boat's been
winterized and is put up for the season. I'll see it again next spring.

If something in the golf joke was offensive to you, I apologize. I guess it
could be taken as an anti-woman thing, although certainly not meant to be.
***** Have a super day! *****

John

Newbie Alert == (0) (o) frogbutt == posting nic AKA? == )) nic of interest: (( Pale.Pink ASA 43 November 9th 06 11:42 PM
INFO FOR NEWBIES Capt. Mooron ASA 20 March 19th 05 03:20 AM
OT - Where is the lie? (especially for jcs) jps General 33 July 28th 03 12:56 AM