posted to rec.boats.paddle

Default test

Hi all,
Just resetting my news server. Seems like I can only access posts that I
send from this account, wheras I can see all posts on deja.news. Any ideas
whats going on?

--riverman

posted to rec.boats.paddle

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 15:55:11 +0800, "riverman"
wrote:

Hi all,
Just resetting my news server. Seems like I can only access posts that I
send from this account, wheras I can see all posts on deja.news. Any ideas
whats going on?

--riverman

Yeah. Deja leads to Google, which sucks for posting to newsgroups
sounds right to me.
--

r.bc: vixen
Speaker to squirrels, willow watcher, etc..

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
posted to rec.boats.paddle

wrote:

Hi all,
Just resetting my news server. Seems like I can only access posts that I
send from this account, wheras I can see all posts on deja.news. Any ideas
whats going on?

--riverman

Yeah. Deja leads to Google, which sucks for posting to newsgroups
sounds right to me.
--

Actually, what I meant was that if I post from deja, I can see it on
deja, but not on my newsreader account. But if I post from my

It seems that I'm stuck using deja for now, until I figure out why my
newsreader only will download messages from myself.

--riverman

posted to rec.boats.paddle

riverman wrote:
Actually, what I meant was that if I post from deja, I can see it on
deja, but not on my newsreader account. But if I post from my
newsreader account, I can see it on my newsreader account and on deja.

It all depends on how connected and communicative the news servers are.
Sounds like Deja's source of news articles (posts) is not picking up
posts made to whatever news server you have your newsreader set to
read/post from/to. The original idea of Usenet and newsgroups was that
all news servers would communicate and replicate posts locally on each
server that were made to any news server (excepting if the particular
news server's admin subscribes to a particular newsgroup to which a
post was made on their news server.)

But the whole Usenet thing has all but gone by the wayside with the
advent of the WWW. Ergo the popularity of websites like Boatertalk.com
and the demise of RBP! :-(

John Kuthe...

Depthsounder and Transducer test equipment Rusty Burke Electronics 0 October 29th 03 01:42 AM
Now, take a real IQ test if you have the nerve Simple Simon ASA 65 July 18th 03 02:16 AM
test Donal ASA 0 July 15th 03 10:43 PM
test Bobsprit ASA 0 July 15th 03 07:30 PM
test Capt. Mooron ASA 0 July 15th 03 07:29 PM