Default Speaking of Lobsters...

(Short*Wave*Sportfishing) (wrote
Tonight on Discovery Channel - 8:00 PM EST - Lobstermen: Jeopardy at
Sea.
Sound great - about lobster turf wars.

I"m to cheap to pay for cable tv, so I didn't see it, but I can imagine
what it was about.
The turf wars between lobstermen, and draggermen have been going on for
eon's, especially in LI sound. I worked both fisheries as a kid, and can
remember standing on the netreel gantry with a baseball bat smashing
traps as they came up the stern ramp, I also remember splitting the
belly, and cod end of the net, then mending all night after we ended up
with huge balls of old rusty barbed wire caught in the net. Courtesy of
the lobsta boats the night before. Never ending battle. BTDT
UD