Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jim Jim is offline

Default Oh boy - Ethanol Redeaux...

I attended a seminar today and one of the subjects was ethanol and
what's happening with that.

The presenter was a long time marine mechanic and knew quite a bit
about the whole subject. He showed some examples of fuel pulled from
tanks (metal and poly) and I was amazed at the crap that comes out of
even relatively new (say 2004 and up) poly tanks with the E-10 blend.

I will be receiving some pictures of the beakers on Monday and will
post them.

One of the more interesting things he mentioned was the level of
ethanol in gas. What you think might be 10% may actually be closer to
25/25% ethanol. Apparently, there isn't a consensus on ethanol
additive protocol at the various levels of distribution. He showed
some gas samples that he had analyzed which had as high as 25% ethanol
- mostly from the cheaper gas distributors, but a couple from name
brand suppliers.

Over the past year, he has had his shop busy with carb rebuilds - in
particular with inboards.

The worst fuel samples came from the Northeast and Upper Mid-West in
which as much as 30% of the fuel was ethanol.

It was a very interesting portion of the talk. He recommended this
product as the cat's meow for the ethanol problem.

http://www.mdramazon.com/ethanolfaq.htm

According to the presenter, this stuff worked much better than any
other he experimented with.

I used MDR WaterZorb for years. It put water in suspension with gasoline.
Nothing else I ever used worked as well. I suspect that the ethanol product
works as advertised. MDR makes good stuff.
Jim

From Boat\US on Ethanol in gasoline JimH General 2 June 28th 06 08:54 AM
Fuel your gasoline powered boat with wood chips, 2-3 years away? Chuck Gould General 0 June 26th 06 04:22 PM
Ethanol; working now Thom Stewart ASA 22 May 21st 06 07:49 PM
Ethanol: A Tragedy in 3 Acts jlrogers ASA 5 May 3rd 06 02:51 AM
Problems with E-85 by Ed Wallace of Businessweek... [email protected] General 0 April 28th 06 11:42 PM