posted to rec.arts.movies.current-films,misc.transport.trucking,rec.boats,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.games.bridge

Default Some Latinos promote dual Mexican-American citizenship

johnny@. wrote:
The Dallas Morning News
Posted on Sun, Oct. 15, 2006

CHICAGO _The Mexican tricolor flaps on some verandas along Pulaski Road,
while the U.S. flag takes pride of place on others. Ranchera music
blares from the Happy Dollar Plus store as a vendor pushes his cart
along 26th Street, selling mango-flavored frozen treats to parched
customers.

The intersection of 26th and Pulaski is in the core of the Windy City,
but by sights, sounds and smells, it could be in any town in Mexico.
This is La Villita, "Little Village," where about 100,000 people live
and work, maintaining the Spanish language, traditions and culture of
Mexico.

As President Bush and others call for assimilation of Latino immigrants,
some Hispanics in La Villita and other parts of the country, including
North Texas, are on what could be a collision course, pushing to be
fully binational, with equal rights in Mexico and the United States and
grounded in both societies.

"We're never giving up our Mexican roots," said Maria Cantu-Dougala,
assistant vice president of Second Federal Savings and an American
citizen. "I still consider myself Mexican. That's where we're so
different from other immigrants. We just can't give it up."

Such views complicate any efforts to change immigration policy to make
it easier for Mexicans to live and work in the United States, and could
even result in harsher migration measures, some analysts and lawmakers say.

The United States must avoid "balkanization" and has to maintain its
national identity, common culture and common English language "or we
will follow the path to the ash heap of history like the Roman Empire,"
said Rep. John Culberson, R-Texas.

"Arrogant nationalistic attitudes like this, which are blatant
violations of American law, along with the uncontrolled mass migration
and marching with Mexican flags have combined to push this country over
the tipping point in favor of aggressive immigration law enforcement and
strict border security," said Culberson, who has criticized White House
immigration policy as lax.

Migration expert Jonathan Fox said there is a double standard on dual
nationality in the United States.

"I don't see them worrying about U.S. citizens fighting in the Israeli
army...

The rest of the story:
http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/mo...n/15766627.htm

Fox is right about Israel, they have spied on us, they have attacked us,
and we still give them 2 billion dollars a year, and all the military
aid they need.

The United States should not allow dual citizenship, and when someone
proudly proclaims to be a dual citizen with any other country, they
should be removed from the United States, and spend the rest of their
life in that country.

Who needs greasers?

ted

posted to rec.arts.movies.current-films,misc.transport.trucking,rec.boats,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.games.bridge

Tedor, your also the cockroach that cross posted this:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...ece266980e0847

lay off the double standard. you want to show your bigoted views, then
want people to ban the nazi from youtube.

Actually you posted the youtube link only to draw attention to
yourself.

well, it worked.
wrote:
johnny@. wrote:
[...]

wrote in message
ups.com...

johnny@. wrote:
The Dallas Morning News
Posted on Sun, Oct. 15, 2006

CHICAGO _The Mexican tricolor flaps on some verandas along Pulaski Road,

Why would US immigration policy be an appropriate subject for rec.boats?

posted to rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.boats,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.games.bridge

Why would US immigration policy be an appropriate subject for rec.boats?

Or any of the other NGs this crap has been crossposted to, for that matter?

posted to rec.arts.movies.current-films,misc.transport.trucking,rec.boats,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.games.bridge

-

posted to rec.arts.movies.current-films,misc.transport.trucking,rec.boats,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.games.bridge

On 15 Oct 2006 11:58:02 -0700, wrote:

Who needs greasers?

ted

Heavy machinery companies. Nearly everything has a grease zerk on big
iron.

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3