Default Las Vegas...

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
What a disappointment.

First time I've been there without having to attend wall-to-wall meetings,
so I got a chance to look around in daylight hours.

Take two steps away from the glitzy hotels and you're in dumpster city,
with air pollution to match. All that money floating around and obviously
very little of it spent on what matters.

Got down to Hoover Dam and Lake Mead, both of which were spectacular. Took
the $11 tour of the dam. World class impressive. We had clear skies for
the trip, so the lake vistas were beautiful. Parts of Boulder City were
attractive.

Southern Nevada is not an area in which I'd care to live.

So what did you get me?

"basskisser" wrote in message
ups.com...

JimH wrote:
[...]

Naw, I have good Karma now. ;-)

But maybe he got you the brain you were going ask the Wizard for later this
month.

JimH wrote:
[...]

Again, Jim, you are the lowest of the low lifes. Are you still lying to
everyone here and saying that you have never told lies, made derogatory
statements, and insults about me and my family? Did you happen to see
my response to that listing several, thus catching you in but another
lie, liar?

"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...

http://tinyurl.com/mx69q

JimH wrote:
[...]

Here's where you can go to learn all about yourself, low life.

http://tinyurl.com/k9juh

Which is really interesting and fits you perfectly:

Chronic Lying
By Derek Wood, RN, BC, MS
Clinical Content Director
Get Mental Help, Inc.
Mental Health Matters

There are a number of other key items to look for when evaluating
whether a person is suffering from a case of chronic lying. First, if
they lie to avoid something, be it a test, a deadline or project, and
then need to have the lie proliferate on itself in order to be
believed, and it keeps growing, is a sign. Secondly, chronic liars
change their stories when caught out, and support the new story with
another lie. Finally, when a person lies for no reason at all, there is
no gain, no motivation to lie.

It is believed that there may be a neurological defect in those who are
chronic liars. They generally have highly developed verbal skills and a
slight impairment of the frontal lobe. These frontal lobes are
basically our "editors" that censor what we say, which may be
indicative of some of the behavior in SOME cases. This is because we
sometimes run two consciousnesses in our mind - reality as it exists,
and reality as we would like it to be. For those with frontal lobe
difficulty, reality as we would like it to be may come out instead of
reality as it is.

Here is the VERY interesting part, concerning you:

The reason I said this is the case in SOME people, is that in others,
the telling of tales eeks them out their 15 minutes of fame. It allows
them to stand out, to be interesting. And the more they receive, they
more they want. Additionally, others feel they cannot live up to the
expectations of others, so they invent stories to match what they feel
others expect from them, With all of these reasons, this may be why no
easy cure is on the horizon. Chronic lying seems to stem from either a
biological basis or from a rung on Maslow's hierarchy of needs

Dan Dan is offline

JimH wrote:

"basskisser" wrote in message
groups.com...

news:m8ydnbiZ45QuUbrYnZ2dnUVZ_rCdnZ2d@comcast .com...

[...]

Amazing how he is compelled to respond to everything you say to anyone
here.

Las Vegas... Chuck Gould General 7 October 8th 06 05:54 PM
Las Vegas... JohnH General 0 October 7th 06 06:20 PM
Las Vegas steve General 0 August 25th 06 08:22 PM
Las Vegas... Lady Pilot ASA 17 April 6th 06 06:52 PM
Vegas Has it all patricia008 Touring 0 November 26th 05 05:08 PM