Default Las Vegas...

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 11:50:11 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

What a disappointment.

First time I've been there without having to attend wall-to-wall
meetings, so I got a chance to look around in daylight hours.

Take two steps away from the glitzy hotels and you're in dumpster city,
with air pollution to match. All that money floating around and
obviously very little of it spent on what matters.

Got down to Hoover Dam and Lake Mead, both of which were spectacular.
Took the $11 tour of the dam. World class impressive. We had clear skies
for the trip, so the lake vistas were beautiful. Parts of Boulder City
were attractive.

Southern Nevada is not an area in which I'd care to live.

Harry, have you ever been to Flagstaff, AZ? That is the place I'd recommend
to anyone who wants a flavor of the southwest. Flagstaff itself isn't all
that great, but within easy 'day-trip' distance are some astounding places
to visit.

Las Vegas... Chuck Gould General 7 October 8th 06 05:54 PM
Las Vegas steve General 0 August 25th 06 08:22 PM
Las Vegas... Lady Pilot ASA 17 April 6th 06 06:52 PM
Vegas Has it all patricia008 Touring 0 November 26th 05 05:08 PM
OT Just for Jimcomma John H General 1 April 8th 05 05:11 PM