Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Fogging Through Air Intake Silencer?

I am supposed to spray fogging oil through the air intake of my 1995
Mercury 115hp Outboard (4 cylinders) as a part of the process of
winterizing the outboard motor. This outboard has an air intake
silencer covering the air intake. I am wondering how I can spray the
fogging oil to the air intake through the silencer.

My questions a

- The air silencer has 10 square holes (around 1.5-sq-in each)
at the back pointing at the rear of the outboard. Are they
the air inlets of the silencer? I have a copy of the "Mercury /
Mariner Outboards 1990-00 Repair Manual" from SELOC.
That's how I find out that the device is a silencer. But the
book doesn't say whether those square holes are air inlets
or not. I am guessing that they are air inlets because I
cannot find any other inlets in the silencer.

- Can I simply spray fogging oil through those 10 square holes
in the air silencer? I am trying not to remove the silencer if
possible.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay Chan

Drain Plug at Intake Mainfold on 2005 Volvo Penta 4.3? Scott_SS General 1 October 11th 05 03:36 AM
Winterize, Frist time Fogging, need help specifics.... Matt General 12 November 12th 04 12:19 AM
Water in all cylinders Paul General 29 October 2nd 04 11:59 AM
Intake Manifold Question friscuba General 2 January 13th 04 12:35 AM
Fogging a 5.0L MPI Mark K General 6 December 3rd 03 10:39 PM