Default Buy Citgo gas and pay Chavez

Not OT as there are Citgo gas stations at marinas across the US.

With every dollar you spend at a Citgo station (owned by Hugo Chavez) you
put money towards the weapons he purchases with an aim to kill you, your
family and your friends in the United States. Those dollars will eventually
buy the nuclear missiles he will station on Cuba.

Doubt me? Just wait. Once Fidel passes away we will see the Cuban missile
crisis relived, this time more volatile and lead by Hugo Chavez.

JimH wrote:
Not OT as there are Citgo gas stations at marinas across the US.

With every dollar you spend at a Citgo station (owned by Hugo Chavez) you
put money towards the weapons he purchases with an aim to kill you, your
family and your friends in the United States. Those dollars will eventually
buy the nuclear missiles he will station on Cuba.

Doubt me? Just wait. Once Fidel passes away we will see the Cuban missile
crisis relived, this time more volatile and lead by Hugo Chavez.

A Venezuelan company is a minority owner in Citgo. Less than 10% I
think. While Chavez IS a huge ass, he doesn't seem to be that minority
owner.

JimH wrote:
Not OT as there are Citgo gas stations at marinas across the US.

With every dollar you spend at a Citgo station (owned by Hugo Chavez) you
put money towards the weapons he purchases with an aim to kill you, your
family and your friends in the United States. Those dollars will eventually
buy the nuclear missiles he will station on Cuba.

Doubt me? Just wait. Once Fidel passes away we will see the Cuban missile
crisis relived, this time more volatile and lead by Hugo Chavez.

Troll.

Response not OT as trolls live under bridges, bridges go over rivers,
and there might be a boat on the river. :-)

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
ps.com...

JimH wrote:
Not OT as there are Citgo gas stations at marinas across the US.

With every dollar you spend at a Citgo station (owned by Hugo Chavez) you
put money towards the weapons he purchases with an aim to kill you, your
family and your friends in the United States. Those dollars will
eventually
buy the nuclear missiles he will station on Cuba.

Doubt me? Just wait. Once Fidel passes away we will see the Cuban
missile
crisis relived, this time more volatile and lead by Hugo Chavez.

Troll.

Response not OT as trolls live under bridges, bridges go over rivers,
and there might be a boat on the river. :-)

Why is this a troll Chuck? How is it not related to the gas you choose to
purchase at your marina, which may or may not be a Citgo station? The post
is indeed on topic.

So do you endorse the purchase of gasoline from Citgo stations?

. ..

JimH wrote:
[...]

Oops, almost forgot.................for Richard............ ;-)

"Dan Krueger" wrote in message
k.net...
JimH wrote:
Not OT as there are Citgo gas stations at marinas across the US.

With every dollar you spend at a Citgo station (owned by Hugo Chavez) you
put money towards the weapons he purchases with an aim to kill you, your
family and your friends in the United States. Those dollars will
eventually buy the nuclear missiles he will station on Cuba.

Doubt me? Just wait. Once Fidel passes away we will see the Cuban
missile crisis relived, this time more volatile and lead by Hugo Chavez.

A Venezuelan company is a minority owner in Citgo. Less than 10% I think.
While Chavez IS a huge ass, he doesn't seem to be that minority owner.

Citgo is a wholly owned subsidiary of Petróleos de Venezuela, Venezuela's
state owned petroleium industry. A former US company, it is headquartered
in the US. It is *not* "owned" by Hugo Chavez.

Eisboch

JimH wrote:
Not OT as there are Citgo gas stations at marinas across the US.

With every dollar you spend at a Citgo station (owned by Hugo Chavez) you
put money towards the weapons he purchases with an aim to kill you, your
family and your friends in the United States. Those dollars will
eventually buy the nuclear missiles he will station on Cuba.

Doubt me? Just wait. Once Fidel passes away we will see the Cuban
missile crisis relived, this time more volatile and lead by Hugo Chavez.

A Venezuelan company is a minority owner in Citgo. Less than 10% I think.
While Chavez IS a huge ass, he doesn't seem to be that minority owner.

My bad........Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A. (PDVSA) is the official owner of
Citgo. That company is a Venezuelan state owned (cna you say Chavez?)
petroleum company.

If Chavez did not have ownership of the company how can he promise reduced
fuel oil prices to target American markets?

For Richard.............;-)

JimH wrote:
[...]

Lie? Oil is a fungible commodity.

JimH wrote:

Why is this a troll Chuck? How is it not related to the gas you choose to
purchase at your marina, which may or may not be a Citgo station? The post
is indeed on topic.

Because it wasn't really about buying gas at a marina. It was really
about your prediction that Hugo Chavez is "out to kill us all with
nuclear bombs".

So do you endorse the purchase of gasoline from Citgo stations?

Of course not. I prefer to send my petro-dollars to the muslim
extremists who buy and sell oil through those traditional American oil
companies 49% controlled by good ol' boys from Texas and their
families, but thanks for asking.

If you *were* actually interested in the geo-political ramifications of
purchasing fuel at a marina- one thing most experienced boaters would
take into account is that unlike driving a car down the freeway with
3-4 filling stations at nearly every exit, a boater often has very few
options concerning where he or she will buy fuel. It can be many miles
between fuel docks. If you have CITGO gas on your fuel dock and don't
want to buy it, it isn't like you can just pull around to the other
side of the float and fill up with Shell or Chevron instead.

Would I run out of fuel and have to call for a tow rather than buy
CITGO at a fuel dock?
Heck no. It isn't always as simple as just boycotting a particular
station, and even if it were it would be unlikely to change world
events much.

Weren't just about the same folks now calling for a boycott of CITGO
demanding that everybody smash all of their Dixie Chicks CD's a couple
of years ago? The DC's seem to be back stronger than ever now, and
whatever one might happen to think of GWB he is no better or worse
president as a result of Natalie's on-stage insult *or* the boycott by
furious GWB fans.

But here's a practical suggestion for you. I would suspect that, unlike
roadside filling stations, CITGO probably doesn't own very many of the
fuel docks. It would be more likely that the fuel docks are privately
owned and buy fuel from CITGO wholesale (so part of your money supports
an independent American small businessperson who probably votes a lot
like you do- see how complicated this can get?) If you have a privately
owned fuel dock selling CITGO fuel and you *really* feel strongly about
the situation, get up a petition signed by yourself and several other
people on the dock *requesting* that the fuel dock owner switch to a
different brand of fuel.

You'll feel vindicated and be lulled into a false sense of patriotism
if your fuel dock switches, but in the current global market CITGO can
sell all the oil it want to pump and refine, anyway. Changing your fuel
buying habits at the marina won't make you any safer from terrorists.
There are a few things that could be changed that *would* make us
safer, but that gets so far off topic and becomes political so I will
simply let it go at that.

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 20:36:06 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

Citgo is a wholly owned subsidiary of Petróleos de Venezuela, Venezuela's
state owned petroleium industry. A former US company, it is headquartered
in the US. It is *not* "owned" by Hugo Chavez.

Eisboch

There you go, trying to confuse the all knowing with the facts. You'd
think they'd appreciate it, wouldn't you?