Jim Jim is offline

Default Coastal Surge

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 09:13:01 -0400, Harry Krause penned the following
well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

Depending on which way the wind blows, there's a chance tropical storm
Ernesto will push a substantial surge up Chesapeake Bay, causing some
flooding of lowlands, including marinas and possibly Annapolis and
Baltimore.

The last time this happened, there was some serious damage in Annapolis
and, closer to me, Deale and Chesapeake Beach. We're more than 100'
above sea level right here, so I'm not concerned about a surge but we're
also likely to get three to four inches of rain.

Another holiday weekend...shot.

We had 3 feet of water over some streets last night and Ernesto isn't
even here yet... after Midnight we're looking at 50 MPH winds and up
to 8" of rain......

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

Good luck with the storm. For days they were saying we were going to get a
cat. 1 in C FL. All we got was light rain and no wind. I hope you guys are
as lucky.
Jim

Coastal Surge basskisser General 0 August 31st 06 03:55 PM
Coastal Surge basskisser General 0 August 31st 06 02:22 PM
"The Beneteau is a great coastal cruiser." Capt. Rob ASA 3 July 1st 06 01:19 AM
Trailer That Has a Surge Brake Makes Noise When Start Towing? [email protected] General 13 December 21st 05 08:23 PM
Topic: Bluewater defined? Sailboats Mic Cruising 31 June 21st 05 10:12 AM