posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default "The Beneteau is a great coastal cruiser."

Yep, Maxi certainly screwed the pooch. Here's his statement:

"They're great coastal cruisers, but only the foolhardy would
take one offshore in anything but docile conditions."

Well, well, well. Let's start with the obvious. Beneteau is a GREAT
COASTAL CRUISER. Thanks, Maxi!!!! That's what we bought her for. I
mean, who's dumb enough to buy a slug like boat for conditions she
won't be used in? Not me! I bought a boat that suits her sailing
grounds and usage. I have no heavy dull to sail boat strapped to the
dock awaiting 25+ knots days like a hobo at a soup kitchen on cake day.

Now...let's look at the second statement: "only the foolhardy would
take one offshore in anything but docile conditions."
Wow! There are TWO Beneteau's at my marina that have crossed the
Atlantic. In fact, one is doing it right now. I've read about Beneteau
furniture bonding making sawdust in heavy seas, I've read about Swan
ports popping out in long swells, I've read of a C&C that cracked and
sank in a storm, but GENERALLY virtually any boat can make a crossing
if properly planned.

But let's return to Maxi's first statement...."The Beneteau is a great
coastal cruiser."

"The Beneteau is a great coastal cruiser."
"The Beneteau is a great coastal cruiser."
"The Beneteau is a great coastal cruiser."
"The Beneteau is a great coastal cruiser."
"The Beneteau is a great coastal cruiser."

Thanks, Maxi!!!!!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Where do you sail? We sail out of Sausalito mostly.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

oups.com...

Capt. Rob wrote:
[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

"Carcharias" wrote in message

are you for real? Not for sailing north off the coast of Califonria

The only rough water Robert has ever seen was when he farted in the bath
tub.

CM-