Default OT Glad for Vonage!

Jack Goff wrote:
On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 19:30:53 -0400, JohnH wrote:

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 18:51:22 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

JimH wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
basskisser wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
JohnH wrote:
On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:17:38 -0400, Harry Krause

wrote:

basskisser wrote:
This morning the phones in the neighborhood where I live were all
out.
I didn't even know it, because I have comcast high speed and vonage!
asked the Bellsouth Technician why he was checking the line in front
of
my house, because I was going to tell him it's dead to my house
because
I don't have Bellsouth. He said he was checking because some digital
device that serves the whole neighborhood went out, and they are
trying
to restore service!!!

Wonderful. Our security alarm system sent out a letter recently
advising
customers NOT to transfer to VOIP unless they leave a wired
traditional
phone line in place or subscribe to a special, new, expensive cell
service.

Wanna guess why?

The security company says it is working on a VOIP solution but so far,
it "is not reliable."
If the security company isn't reliable, I'd get a new one.

You've identified many reasons why you can't switch to VOIP. That's a
shame, and we all feel sorry for you.
Most of the major home security company connect lines do not work with
VOIP, I've since learned.
Why? The signal goes out of your house just exactly as it does with a
landline. Brinks works just great with VOIP
Well, despite advice to the contrary from Reggie and his boy Herring, ADT
says the following:

snip

From http://www.vonage.com/features_terms_service.php
2.16 Incompatibility With Other Services.

(a) Home Security Systems. The Service may not be compatible with home
security systems. You may be required to maintain a telephone connection
through your local exchange carrier in order to use any alarm monitoring
functions for any security system installed in your home or business. You
are responsible for contacting the alarm monitoring company to test the
compatibility of any alarm monitoring or security system with the Service.

Well, of course, Reggie and his boy Herring know better.

Which is why we told you to stick with what you've got!

Reading comprehension?

Harry is old and confused. It was actually BK that said that VoIP and
"landline" phone lines are the same, but Harry couldn't keep up.

It's sort of sad. Like your grandpa. When he hits 97.

I think Harry's time at the local jail for the last couple of weekends
is dulling his senses. I wonder how many more weekends at government
expense Harry will have to endure?

Harry Krause wrote:
basskisser wrote:
wrote:

basskisser wrote:
This morning the phones in the neighborhood where I live were all out.
I didn't even know it, because I have comcast high speed and vonage! I
[...]

Perhaps you should change your security company to one that is up to
date and able to work with new fangled equipment!

basskisser wrote:

From http://www.vonage.com/features_terms_service.php
2.16 Incompatibility With Other Services.

(a) Home Security Systems. The Service may not be compatible with home
security systems. You may be required to maintain a telephone connection
through your local exchange carrier in order to use any alarm monitoring
functions for any security system installed in your home or business. You
are responsible for contacting the alarm monitoring company to test the
compatibility of any alarm monitoring or security system with the Service.

Well, of course, Reggie and his boy Herring know better.

I do! My security system works just exactly as it did when I had
Bellsouth. Exactly.

JohnH wrote:
On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 18:38:56 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

JimH wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message
JohnH wrote:

JimmyH is my one and only true love. You've not noticed? He's the one I
wear *my* earring for.

***** Hope your day is great! *****

John

I think everyone here should copy above post and squirrel it away for
future reference.

Holy crap! He really does perpetuate this gay thing all by himself. How
funny.

I heard he sold that yellow mustang to his hairdresser. Or maybe they
worked out a trade.

He and I are both looking for something in pink.

JimmyH jumped right in there, didn't he!
***** Hope your day is great! *****

John

Jim's like a little boy. He can dish his brand of bull**** out, but he
sure can't take it!!
He's off on another of his monthly period bipolar rants!!!!

basskisser wrote:

From http://www.vonage.com/features_terms_service.php
[...]

I enjoy how you are stupid enough to accuse someone of something
without any shred of evidence. Quite ignorant.

basskisser wrote:

From http://www.vonage.com/features_terms_service.php
2.16 Incompatibility With Other Services.

(a) Home Security Systems. The Service may not be compatible with home
security systems. You may be required to maintain a telephone connection
through your local exchange carrier in order to use any alarm monitoring
functions for any security system installed in your home or business. You
are responsible for contacting the alarm monitoring company to test the
compatibility of any alarm monitoring or security system with the Service.

Well, of course, Reggie and his boy Herring know better.

Which is why we told you to stick with what you've got!

Reading comprehension?

Harry is old and confused. It was actually BK that said that VoIP and
"landline" phone lines are the same, but Harry couldn't keep up.

No, I didn't. I said that my security system works exactly the same
with VOIP as it does with landline phone systems. Please learn to
comprehend what you read.

Harry Krause wrote:
basskisser wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
basskisser wrote:
wrote:

basskisser wrote:
[...]

I'm not interested in changing from the reliable telephone service that
has served me admirably for these many years for VOIP so I can save $25
a month. There are all manner of problems possible with VOIP, none of
which appeal to me, including crappy sound quality, downtime when the
internet connection is down, and its inability to perform properly with
my home security sytem.

But I'm happy it works for you, the fraud known here as "Reggie," and
whomever.

Kevin has a security system on his double wide? How funny.

basskisser wrote:

From http://www.vonage.com/features_terms_service.php
[...]

Learn to express yourself more clearly. You wrote about VoIP: "The
signal goes out of your house just exactly as it does with a
landline."

The signal does not "go out of your house" in the same manner for
landline and VoIP at all. They use completely different transport
protocols and media.

If you meant that the alarm system signal ends up at the same
destination, with the same end results, then that's what you should
have written. Even though that's still not true.

Of course, you realize that the alarm system is nothing but a modem,
and that VoIP is ill-suited for transporting modem signals. While it
may work today, there is absolutely no guarantee that it will work
tonight or tomorrow. If Vonage tweaks the codec they are using, or
the internet has some delay or dropped packets when the alarm tries to
connect, your intruder alert fails. There's no guarantee of delivery
of IP packets for VoIP. Your ear can deal with lots of dropped
packets when ordering pizza. The alarm modem can not.

On 25 Aug 2006 04:50:11 -0700, "basskisser"
wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:
basskisser wrote:
wrote:

basskisser wrote:
[...]

What company is that, bass? The one you use? Who is it? I'm not
aware of any that say the use of VoIP phone service is approved.

Harry Krause wrote:

But I'm happy it works for you, the fraud known here as "Reggie," and
whomever.

Harry,
Why the personal attacks? I thought we had gotten over that and were
able to chat without falling back on that. In case you haven't noticed,
I have not been playing your verbal wars, doesn't it get old having a
one sided fight?