Default Engine rebuild kits

This summer I purchased a 1976, 24' Crestliner, in great shape. The
hour meter reads 1365 hrs. but, who really knows if this is the
original meter or not. I live on Lake Superior which can be some
pretty tough boating at times and would feel a whole lot more secure
with a fresh engine and outdrive. I plan to do a complete rebuild of
both but I'm having trouble finding master kits for a thirty year old
marine engine. The engine is a model 233, which I've found is the Ford
351W engine with a Rochester 2bbl carb. Not sure about the outdrive, I
couldn't find serial numbers. Does anyone know of a good source for
kits and any helpful tips for when I start this project?

Thanks, Mike

Engine coupler Proxy General 14 July 17th 05 06:13 AM
Volvo 4.3 Engine Rebuild Patrick Johnson General 3 April 28th 04 12:50 AM
MST Guardian Engine flush kits Steve General 0 January 21st 04 09:07 AM
Visiting my new engine! Gould 0738 General 8 November 15th 03 04:53 AM
Engine News from Genmar Gould 0738 General 8 October 27th 03 04:47 PM