Old August 19th 06, 12:57 PM posted to rec.boats

Default fuel / oil ratio - 1998 Mercury 40 HP

Sorry for the basic question - but been pilfering through the groups
and info online and still not sure what the fuel / oil ratio should be
for my engine. It's a 1998 Mercury 40 HP... could someone advise?
Also, what's the latest on running synthetics? Is that a religious
question?

Tom

Old August 20th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.boats

Find yourself an Ams/Oil dealer in the phonebook. They make
the best synthetics in the business. Have been using it
since 1975 and have no problem.
Capt. boots
"Shortwave Sportfishing" wrote in
message ...
On 19 Aug 2006 04:57:56 -0700, wrote:

Sorry for the basic question - but been pilfering through

the groups
and info online and still not sure what the fuel / oil

ratio should be
for my engine. It's a 1998 Mercury 40 HP... could someone

advise?

50:1, but with the ethanol, I'd use 40:1

Also, what's the latest on running synthetics?

I run synthetics all the time. Of course I have different
engines
than you do, but I use synthetic oils in all my two-stroke
home/garden
equipment like trimmer, leaf blower, hedge clippers, etc.
The odd
thing is that I use, get this, FICHT oil and it actually
seems to help
- doesn't smell as bad, the starts are quicker and, this is
probably
totally subjective, a tad more power.

Is that a religious question?

Around here, you never know.

So where is...................... *JimH* General 186 November 28th 05 03:29 PM
Let there be heat! Gould 0738 General 4 November 29th 04 02:41 AM
Diesel Fuel Decontamination Units Give Stored Fuel Longer Life. John T. Nightingale General 6 February 20th 04 03:28 PM
Diesel Fuel Decontamination Units Give Stored Fuel Longer Life. John T. Nightingale Boat Building 7 February 19th 04 09:00 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT: Diesel Fuel Decontamination Units Give Stored Fuel Longer Life. John T. Nightingale Marketplace 0 February 19th 04 05:48 PM