posted to rec.boats.paddle
GEO GEO is offline

Default SURFING WAKES UP MISSISSIPPI

Anyone out there know whether this can be/is/has been done? What legal
authorities may have control over such activities? State police, local,
USCG???

Is it feasible from a wave-catching and at-least-it's-not-illegal-just-yet
standpoint?

Past stern-wheeler wake-surfing experience has made me dream of floating
down to New Orleans and then trying to "hitch-hike" back upstream.

All comments welcome, even if it's just to tell me I am an irresponsible
moron

posted to rec.boats.paddle

"GEO" wrote in message

All comments welcome, even if it's just to tell me I am an irresponsible
moron

This is just too simple.

--riverman

posted to rec.boats.paddle

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 02:45:35 GMT, "GEO" wrote:

All comments welcome, even if it's just to tell me I am an irresponsible
moron

Well, yeah, but it sounds like a fun idea. I'll keep an eye on this
thread. Nothing I'd ever care to do, but, as I said, fun to think
about.
--

r.bc: vixen
Speaker to squirrels, willow watcher, etc..

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
posted to rec.boats.paddle

Per GEO:
Past stern-wheeler wake-surfing experience has made me dream of floating
down to New Orleans and then trying to "hitch-hike" back upstream.

Geeze!... How high are the wakes on those things?
--
PeteCresswell
posted to rec.boats.paddle

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
Per GEO:
Past stern-wheeler wake-surfing experience has made me dream of floating
down to New Orleans and then trying to "hitch-hike" back upstream.

Geeze!... How high are the wakes on those things?
--

I don't know about stern-wheelers, but I once surfed the bow wave of a ferry
through the ship canal from Lake Washington to Puget Sound, for a distance

--riverman

posted to rec.boats.paddle

Default I'm sure Mississippi is asleep, but I doubt if surfing will wake it up.

Ka-POW!

-Richard, His Kanubic Travesty

Richard Hopley Winston-Salem, NC, USA
rhopley[at]earthlink[dot]net
Nothing really matters except Boats, Sex, and Rock'n'Roll
rhopley[at]wfubmc[dot]edu
OK, OK; computer programming for scientific research also matters