Default Well, that was interesting...

Had a first today.

Took a client out on a guided trip to Webster Lake for smallmouth and
largemouth bass.

As the morning progressed, we had done ok, nothing spectacular, but
just before we headed in, I set him up with a spinning reel and a
small 1/2 ounce Kastmaster to hit a spot that usually produces late in
the day.

He managed to chuck the thing into the overhanging trees and wouldn't
you know it - a really nice sized largemouth came out of the water and
grabbed onto the lure just as he was pulling it out of the water.

4 lbs of largemouth hanging off the Kastmaster about a foot in the
air.

I laughed so hard I almost fell out of the boat.

He managed to get free before I could get the camera - that would have
been a good one.

About 50 yrs ago, I took a friend of my Dad's fishing for Bass. He baited
up and then was sitting in the boat telling me a story before casting. His
rod was over his shoulder with the worm a few inches off the water. I
thought he was going to have a heart attack when a Bass jumped up and took
his bait. He didn't see it coming. He and my Dad did a lot of hunting and
fishing together in the 30's and 40's. I used to love to sit and listen to
them tell stories of their experiences. Made me sad that I didn't come
along until '42 and missed out on all of that.

Tom G.

About 50 yrs ago, I took a friend of my Dad's fishing for Bass. He baited
up and then was sitting in the boat telling me a story before casting. His
rod was over his shoulder with the worm a few inches off the water. I
thought he was going to have a heart attack when a Bass jumped up and took
his bait. He didn't see it coming. He and my Dad did a lot of hunting and
fishing together in the 30's and 40's. I used to love to sit and listen to
them tell stories of their experiences. Made me sad that I didn't come
along until '42 and missed out on all of that.

Tom G.

This same just happened to a friend of mine the last week of July while
we where fishing in Canada. Except he lost the rod and reel. He had his
rod laying in his boat with the end out over the water with his yellow
curly tail about 4~6" out of the water. He was helping his wife remove
a fish from her rod when he heard splash. He saw his rod and reel going
over the edge. By the time he grabbed his boat hook it had vanished
into the depths of Bobs Lake.

Funny thing thought, it almost happened to me two days later. We where
in my boat, fishing at dusk. I laid my rod down to help him net a 16"
LM after I handed him the net and fish I heard the splash of something
trying to get my 8" purple worm. Fortunately it just had the tail and
let go.

Paul

A visit with an interesting guy who builds an interesting boat.... [email protected] General 8 June 16th 06 04:46 AM
Interesting take on 911. Capt. Rob ASA 8 May 6th 06 02:54 AM
Interesting plug for sailing felton ASA 3 March 17th 04 07:29 PM
O.T. Interesting History Lesson RGrew176 General 2 March 2nd 04 07:18 AM