Tom G Tom G is offline

Default Well, that was interesting...

Had a first today.

Took a client out on a guided trip to Webster Lake for smallmouth and
largemouth bass.

As the morning progressed, we had done ok, nothing spectacular, but
just before we headed in, I set him up with a spinning reel and a
small 1/2 ounce Kastmaster to hit a spot that usually produces late in
the day.

He managed to chuck the thing into the overhanging trees and wouldn't
you know it - a really nice sized largemouth came out of the water and
grabbed onto the lure just as he was pulling it out of the water.

4 lbs of largemouth hanging off the Kastmaster about a foot in the
air.

I laughed so hard I almost fell out of the boat.

He managed to get free before I could get the camera - that would have
been a good one.

About 50 yrs ago, I took a friend of my Dad's fishing for Bass. He baited
up and then was sitting in the boat telling me a story before casting. His
rod was over his shoulder with the worm a few inches off the water. I
thought he was going to have a heart attack when a Bass jumped up and took
his bait. He didn't see it coming. He and my Dad did a lot of hunting and
fishing together in the 30's and 40's. I used to love to sit and listen to
them tell stories of their experiences. Made me sad that I didn't come
along until '42 and missed out on all of that.

Tom G.