Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Mercury Mariner Carb help needed

I recently bought a used motor for my boat, a very nice 1984 Mariner
75hp, 4cyl. This motor came from Michigan, I had it shipped to Florida.
I had it rigged at the local Suzuki dealer, and they tell me that it
runs fun, but it sounds like it is occasionally dropping a cylinder at
idle, and there is some gas leaking out of the front of one of the
carbs. They suggested that the float might not be properly adjusted,
but they don't work on Mercurys.

I used to be an auto mechanic, and I have worked on small single barrel
carbs before. And I fully understand the principles behind a float bowl
carb.

I would like a little direction though, I would assume that it is not
externally adjustable. And I would also have to assume, that given my
luck, the bowl is not easily removed without removing the carb.

Any ideas?

Jerry