posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.politics.bush,rec.boats,rec.games.bridge

Default Check these sports figures!

http://www.newnation.com/index2.html New Nation News

Click on "sports".

Arch

wrote:
http://www.newnation.com/index2.html New Nation News

Click on "sports".

Arch

Geez, is there any way that this crap can be banned from the newsgroup?

Henrysun909

wrote in message

Geez, is there any way that this crap can be banned from the newsgroup?

Sure, just repeal the First Amendment. Keep us posted.

John Gaquin wrote:
wrote in message

Geez, is there any way that this crap can be banned from the newsgroup?

Sure, just repeal the First Amendment. Keep us posted.

I was more thinking along the lines of banning spammers. Whether a
newsgroup can so ban is entirely beyond my sphere of understanding.

Ah well, as Chthonic once opined, one never went broke underestimating
the stupidity of the human race.

Henrysun909

John Gaquin wrote:
wrote in message

Geez, is there any way that this crap can be banned from the newsgroup?

Sure, just repeal the First Amendment. Keep us posted.

Yes. And barring that we just have to rely on the maturity and common
sense of posters with a "message." That's not going to work all that
well, 100% of the time.

The First Amendment indeed.

You know, it's not illegal to take a dump- but it's considered pretty
offensive to do so on a crowded sidewalk. Folks who want to watch
somebody take a dump and folks who want to be watched in the process
have appropriate places (like Sani-Kans) to congregrate for the
purpose. The original poster "American Christian" (according to the
website he referenced) only manages to make himself and his entire
tribe of hate mongers look pretty pathetic as ge spres this extreme
fascist crap all over everywhere. But he's legal.

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message

You know, it's not illegal to take a dump- but it's considered pretty
offensive to do so on a crowded sidewalk.

Yes, laws are funny things. IIRC, it is illegal to empty your holding tank
into the anchorage, but perfectly legal to stand at the rail and empty your
bladder into the same anchorage (barring discussions of exposure or
disturbing the peace, etc., of course).

posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.politics.bush,rec.boats,rec.games.bridge

"Bertel Lund Hansen" wrote in message

This is a very common mistake. The First Amendment and similar
legislation in other countries does *not* ensure anyone the right
to speak/write anywhere anytime anyhow.

I never claimed that it did. I doubt seriously if posting tasteless and
offensive words on a NG will meet the so-called "fire in a crowded theater"
test.

John Gaquin wrote:
"Bertel Lund Hansen" wrote in message

This is a very common mistake. The First Amendment and similar
legislation in other countries does *not* ensure anyone the right
to speak/write anywhere anytime anyhow.

I never claimed that it did. I doubt seriously if posting tasteless and
offensive words on a NG will meet the so-called "fire in a crowded theater"
test.

I think you're 100% right.
Linking to the "Amerian Christian" website (as the original offender
did in this thread), or directly posting other hateful fascist
propaganda directed at "n*gge**", Jews, or liberals isn't illegal. Just
pathetic. And it's equally pathetic when a moderate or a liberal uses
an inappropriate forum to take shots at GWB, the Iraq War, the Patriot
Act, etc. If these people are all so wise and enlightened that their
opinions are even worthy of consideration, they should be smart enough
to go to an appropriate forum to express those opinions.

It isn't "illegal" to show up at a Southern Baptist church service,
cross yourself, and start
loudly praying the Rosary. But is sure as hell would be poor manners,
make you look silly as well as ignorant, and would probably not result
in anybody renouncing the Baptist church in order to take up the
practice of Catholicism.

Relying on the general public to exercise maturity, self restraint, and
behave in a civil manner is never a surefire proposition.

posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.politics.bush,rec.boats,rec.games.bridge

http://www.newnation.com/index2.html New Nation News

Click on "sports".

Arch

Geez, is there any way that this crap can be banned from the newsgroup?

No, since "the newsgroup" is not really a "thing" but is more of simply
a protocol by which computers communicate with each other. One
computer puts out a "newsgroup" post to the Internet, and other
computers run programs that look for newsgroup items and do something
with them. rec.games.bridge isn't a moderated newsgroup---some
newsgroups *do* have moderators that would eliminate spam posts such as
this one. (And, in some cases, eliminate posts by people who don't
accept the basic worldview of the moderator.)

I use Google Groups to read news. It's conceivable that Google could
be convinced that this person's posts violate its policies, and that
Google could therefore prevent them from showing up in this newsgroup
(actually, in any newsgroup). I looked at their policies, though, and
it's not clear to me what their policies are with regard to
cross-posting. I also found out that one of his previous messages on
immigration appeared to be cross-posted to only about a couple dozen
newsgroups; that seems like a lot, but it isn't given that the number
of newsgroups on Usenet seems to approach Avogadro's number, and
spammers often do seem to use programs that post their spam to every
single blasted one of them. So I didn't bother to report it.

-- Adam

'99 40hp Johnson System Check Gauge Wiring BigJohn General 1 September 12th 05 12:24 PM
SSB radio check Your name Electronics 7 June 16th 05 03:02 AM
Service Check... Capt. Mooron ASA 0 March 29th 05 05:17 AM
Lake Travis radio check [email protected] General 1 August 11th 03 10:48 PM