Default '98 115hp Yamaha Outboard, Add remote trim/tilt switch?

Greetings All,

I have a new to me '98 Scout 177 Sportfish with a Yamaha C115TLRW
outboard motor. Love it, but for one thing, there is no remote
trim/tilt switch on the motor. The trim/tilt switch on the throttle
works fine, but it's a pain in the back to keep crawling up into the
boat to run the motor up / down while it's on the trailer.

Does anyone know if I can order the remote trim/tilt switch for the
115TLRW and make it fit my C115TLRW?

I don't see a problem electricly installing a remote trim/tilt switch,
I could do it with simple parts from Radio Shack, but I'd prefer for
it to look "Factory" instead of "Rigged".

Thanks,

Take Care,
James Lerch
http://lerch.no-ip.com/atm (My telescope construction, Testing, and Coating site)
http://lerch.no-ip.com/ChangFa_Gen (My 11.2Kw generator project)
Press on: nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
Calvin Coolidge

"James Lerch" wrote in message
Greetings All,

I have a new to me '98 Scout 177 Sportfish with a Yamaha C115TLRW
outboard motor. Love it, but for one thing, there is no remote
trim/tilt switch on the motor. The trim/tilt switch on the throttle
works fine, but it's a pain in the back to keep crawling up into the
boat to run the motor up / down while it's on the trailer.

Does anyone know if I can order the remote trim/tilt switch for the
115TLRW and make it fit my C115TLRW?

I don't see a problem electricly installing a remote trim/tilt switch,
I could do it with simple parts from Radio Shack, but I'd prefer for
it to look "Factory" instead of "Rigged".

Thanks,

Call a Yamaha dealer. I see no reason you could not install a factory
switch.
The 200hp 4 stroke Yamaha on my Scout 205 Sportsfish has one and they don't
take up much internal space in the lower housing. My only problem was that
I had the boat for about a month before I knew the switch was there and was
climbing in and out of the boat to adjust.

Eisboch

Need Maintenance Info on 1995 Mercury 115hp 2-Stroke Outboard Motor [email protected] General 6 November 9th 05 07:34 PM
Yamaha remote control has extra switch [email protected] General 3 April 16th 05 09:40 PM
Mercury 1, Yamaha 0 Gould 0738 General 8 October 21st 04 03:35 AM
Yamaha Outboard Timing help Chris Selwyn-Smith General 4 September 20th 03 01:54 AM
Help with yamaha outboard zorinuk UK Power Boats 0 August 27th 03 10:31 AM