Default Wide open speed?? - 24ft Sea Ray - Merc 454 - Bravo 1

Hi, I'm looking for some comparisons.

92 24ft Sea Ray Cuddy (Overnighter) 8' 6'' beam
4200 lbs - probably pushing 5k with fuel, body and gear
454 7.4l Merc - If they were honest the compression is good - all
140-150
Bravo One
15x19 ss prop (quicksilver)
Just had Webber 4bbl carb rebuilt by pro - I have not done any tunning,
he told me it should be good to go.

I'm turning 4200 rpm WOT which I'm happy with but barely hitting 40 mph
(gps). I'm trimmed out the best I can before venting, my bottom could
be better but no growth (paint is bad, long story). (moored in marshy
salt water, cape cod). Mid range cruising speed is strong, 30-32 mph
@ 3200 rpm

I really think I should be moving along a little quicker wide open,
anyone running anything similar with better results?

Thanks, K

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Sounds pretty damn good to me. I'll betcha you weigh more than you think.

Eisboch