DSK DSK is offline

Default Diaster in waiting....

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

Well, let's put it this way - right from the git-go, it was a learning
experience.

1 - When flying Southwest Airlines, get the A ticket boarding pass.

2 - Fly another airline.

It's not so bad. Kind of like a cattle car in the sky. You
get what you pay for!

3 - , If you are buying out-of-state, spend some time on the phone
calling marina managers and check on the rep of the broker and his
company.

3a - I did this with a surveyor - I didn't do it with the broker.

3b - If anybody needs the name of a really good NC surveyor who, as
the day went on, was more than understanding and eventually provided
me with some good prospects for similar boats, let me know.

Hmm, I'm in NC... would have been glad to let you know local
reps (if any). As it is, maybe we should compare notes.

6a - Ensure that the owner understands that he/she will actually be
selling the boat if the survey and sea trial are acceptable to the
purchaser - not as a method to find out "how much the boat is worth".

Now that is a ****er. If you need a local contractor to
break some elbows, I cannot help. Really, absolutely don't
know anybody like that, no sir.

During our boat buying frenzies, we came across some pretty
sorry behavior including outright fraud. It's bad for all
concerned.

7 - Did I mention check the rep of the broker and his company?

8 - Did I mention never, ever fly Southwest Airlines?

Yes.
For trips I want to take but not spend much money on, I'd
fly SW again. For trips that somebody else wants me to take,
I go first class only. For trips that I want to take that
are expensive enough that the added cost of 1st class is
only a slightincrement, I go 1st class. Being able to
actually sit up in those torture racks called "airplane
seats" is priceless and I ain't getting' any younger.

And I rented Hummer just for yuck's - man, that was fun. :)

Only because you are evil. Think about the poor little
endangered species that are dead because of your polluting ways!

DSK

DSK DSK is offline

... Think about the poor little
endangered species that are dead because of your polluting ways!

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
Damn straight!!

If all the poor little endangered species can't adapt, screw 'em -
natural selection in action. :)

Give 'em time, and they *would* adapt. Are you willing to
take a couple hundred years (or however long a few thousand
generations add up to, in whatever species is under
consideration) to drive your Hummer? Slow ride!

DSK

DSK DSK is offline

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
And I'll tell you what - that Hummer really sucks gas.

Really? Who knew?!?

DSK

"DSK" wrote in message
... Think about the poor little endangered species that are dead because
of your polluting ways!

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
Damn straight!!

If all the poor little endangered species can't adapt, screw 'em -
natural selection in action. :)

Give 'em time, and they *would* adapt. Are you willing to take a couple
hundred years (or however long a few thousand generations add up to, in
whatever species is under consideration) to drive your Hummer? Slow ride!

DSK

The Hummer has a 3 year, 36,000 mile warranty. The species better get their
act together.

Eisboch

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 20:05:50 -0400, Eisboch wrote:

The Hummer has a 3 year, 36,000 mile warranty. The species better get
their act together.

IIRC, Hummer is not going to make the H1 anymore. I think the H2 and H3
are still being manufactured.

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 07:20:21 -0400, thunder wrote:

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 20:05:50 -0400, Eisboch wrote:

The Hummer has a 3 year, 36,000 mile warranty. The species better get
their act together.

IIRC, Hummer is not going to make the H1 anymore. I think the H2 and H3
are still being manufactured.

Yup, the H1 is no more.

"thunder" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 07:20:21 -0400, thunder wrote:

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 20:05:50 -0400, Eisboch wrote:

The Hummer has a 3 year, 36,000 mile warranty. The species better get
their act together.

IIRC, Hummer is not going to make the H1 anymore. I think the H2 and H3
are still being manufactured.

Yup, the H1 is no more.

As long as the 54% is let out of its cage every so often, there will be
another stupid vehicle offered, just for them.

Eisboch wrote:
"DSK" wrote in message
... Think about the poor little endangered species that are dead because
of your polluting ways!

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
Damn straight!!

If all the poor little endangered species can't adapt, screw 'em -
natural selection in action. :)

Give 'em time, and they *would* adapt. Are you willing to take a couple
hundred years (or however long a few thousand generations add up to, in
whatever species is under consideration) to drive your Hummer? Slow ride!

DSK

The Hummer has a 3 year, 36,000 mile warranty. The species better get their
act together.

Eisboch

And they are horrible in terms of cost of repair, frequency of repair,
and cost of maintenence.

"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...

Eisboch wrote:
"DSK" wrote in message
[...]

Only the best for our oil industry workers....or....soldiers. Which do we
call them?

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

As long as the 54% is let out of its cage every so often, there will be
another stupid vehicle offered, just for them.

Is there some reason you want to drag this discussion into a political
crapfest?

Get thee a clue. :-(

WTB Laser Sailboat wanted - cash waiting for clean late model in USA Wedac Marketplace 1 August 26th 11 03:49 PM
Diaster in waiting.... JoeSpareBedroom General 0 July 18th 06 01:02 PM
Diaster in waiting.... Eisboch General 0 July 18th 06 01:00 PM
Other 293 Million Americans Waiting For Congress To Pass BillsFor Them Glenn S. General 0 March 25th 05 01:19 AM
canyon waiting list obdave General 1 February 7th 04 07:16 PM