Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Diaster in waiting....

Well, let's put it this way - right from the git-go, it was a learning
experience.

1 - When flying Southwest Airlines, get the A ticket boarding pass.

2 - Fly another airline.

3 - , If you are buying out-of-state, spend some time on the phone
calling marina managers and check on the rep of the broker and his
company.

3a - I did this with a surveyor - I didn't do it with the broker.

3b - If anybody needs the name of a really good NC surveyor who, as
the day went on, was more than understanding and eventually provided
me with some good prospects for similar boats, let me know.

4 - Get details - LOTS of details - make a list of questions - the
more questions you ask, the better off you will be. And don't, ever,
take the word of the broker - get a picture of things like the boat
registration, hull ID numbers, etc.

5 - Insist on pictures of the details - it's not like you can't get
good quality pictures of the details.

6 - Before you leave for an out-of-state survey and sea trial make
sure the boat will actually be where they say it's going to be.

6a - Ensure that the owner understands that he/she will actually be
selling the boat if the survey and sea trial are acceptable to the
purchaser - not as a method to find out "how much the boat is worth".

7 - Did I mention check the rep of the broker and his company?

8 - Did I mention never, ever fly Southwest Airlines?

Well, at least I did get to see a couple of my kids along the way - a
positive thing.

And I rented Hummer just for yuck's - man, that was fun. :)

Details, please.

Eisboch

WTB Laser Sailboat wanted - cash waiting for clean late model in USA Wedac Marketplace 1 August 26th 11 03:49 PM
Waiting for Ozzy... Capt. Rob ASA 0 April 25th 06 12:27 PM
Other 293 Million Americans Waiting For Congress To Pass BillsFor Them Glenn S. General 0 March 25th 05 01:19 AM
canyon waiting list obdave General 1 February 7th 04 07:16 PM
Still Waiting Bobsprit ASA 3 August 11th 03 07:11 PM