Default Jet ski repellant. (I gotta get me one of these)

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...70/pwchelp.htm

"NOYB" wrote in message
k.net...
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...70/pwchelp.htm

OMG. rec.boats is now in reruns.

Still funny though.

Eisboch

On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 20:45:29 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

I don't see many jetskis hereabouts. There aren't that many beaches or
waterfront restaurants with big enough crowds to justify acting like the
sterotypical jetski idiot. Even down at Virginia Beach, the lifeguards
keep the idiots offshore so they're not a bother.

But in Florida, yeah, *some* of the jetski drivers were obnoxious.

Many of PWC's I've encountered lately have been quiet new 4-strokes
and not at all objectionable. I have to hand it to the manufacturers,
they've really improved.

-rick-

On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 20:45:29 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
"NOYB" wrote in message
k.net...
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...70/pwchelp.htm

OMG. rec.boats is now in reruns.

Still funny though.

Eisboch

Yeah, really.

I don't see many jetskis hereabouts. There aren't that many beaches or
waterfront restaurants with big enough crowds to justify acting like the
sterotypical jetski idiot. Even down at Virginia Beach, the lifeguards
keep the idiots offshore so they're not a bother.

But in Florida, yeah, *some* of the jetski drivers were obnoxious.

On weekends there's a potfull of them in the Rhode River, north of Shady
Side, but they seem to be an OK bunch for the most part.
--
John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

Default Jet ski repellent. (I gotta get me one of these)

Yesterday on Mayfield Lake here in Washington, I could've used a few of
these.

At one point, there were so many PWC's swarming around the boat launch
(at full speed in a "no wake" zone, mind you) as I tried to get away
from them, several of them came at me head on - but from different
angles. There was nowhere to turn, so I simply stopped and waited for
them to pass, which they did, all within 15-20' of my boat. At that
moment, had I been equipped with a nice shoulder-fired-missile or two I
might have used them and not felt terribly bad about it. Good thing I
kept my cool and moved on.

Jeff

NOYB wrote:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...70/pwchelp.htm

"Chehalis Jeff" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yesterday on Mayfield Lake here in Washington, I could've used a few of
these.

At one point, there were so many PWC's swarming around the boat launch
(at full speed in a "no wake" zone, mind you) as I tried to get away
from them, several of them came at me head on - but from different
angles. There was nowhere to turn, so I simply stopped and waited for
them to pass, which they did, all within 15-20' of my boat. At that
moment, had I been equipped with a nice shoulder-fired-missile or two I
might have used them and not felt terribly bad about it. Good thing I
kept my cool and moved on.

Jeff

Yesterday we took the boat to the beach for some relaxing in the water. We
anchor in 5 feet of water and back the boat towards the beach until we are
at 2 1/2 feet at the transom (outdrive raised, then put in the trailering
position). We always attach a stern anchor to keep the boat from pivoting
off the bow anchor. 3 jet skis spent the afternoon buzzing in front of us
at high speeds. Our friends joined us later in the afternoon. Coming into
towards the beach one of the 3 jet skis ran port to stern across his bow
with no care in the world. These dummies finally left at about 5 p.m.

Coming back to the dock I ran the river at 900 rpm.....no wake, running just
under the speed limit. From my port I was passed by 25 foot boat driven by
an adult and having 8 to 10 kids aboard. The captain was obviously drunk as
he raced up the river causing a good sized wake and could not keep the boat
running straight. He finally turning into the public docks at a fair speed,
never really slowing down. He hit the dock and I saw pieces of the boat go
flying into the air. What he did on the river was bad enough but it really
****ed me off to see that he put these kids in danger by not only
overloading the boat but piloting it drunk. I only hoped the dockmaster
called the police.

We stayed home today to work on putting our once flooded basement back
together, leaving the Lake to the idiots.

NOYB wrote:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...70/pwchelp.htm

Lasso's? Is it illegal to lasso an inconsiderate knucklehead on a PWC?
That would be fun. It could be an officially sanctioned roping event on the
water. If they get close enough to be lassoed and they're moving fast
enough to create a wake, they're steer material. My video game keeps
getting better.

Points for shooting out the speakers on the towers of the inconsiderate
knucklehead audio terrorists and bonus points for nailing their amplifiers.
Points for lassoing inconsiderate knucklehead PWC'ers. Maybe my video game
music should be classical like Ride of theValkyrie to counter the ghetto
music.

I gotta get me one of these... Doug Kanter General 0 February 21st 06 03:19 PM
Separation sale...its gotta go mill mouth General 1 February 10th 05 08:55 PM
Shark Repellant Bob Crantz ASA 0 July 30th 04 11:51 PM
(OT) Gotta be more interesting than the anti-OT thread {The EmpireBackfires } Jim General 0 March 14th 04 07:16 PM
Gotta Fly! Donal ASA 0 September 17th 03 11:40 PM