Default New Boating Craze

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBa9wdOANHw

And I want one now!

MGG MGG is offline

I notice that some of that video was done at Lake Powell. Flying tubes were
banned there a couple of weeks ago...too many injuries. At least two people
have died on them in recent weeks as well. Hitting the water from a fall of
10ft+ going 35mph is bound to sting.

--Mike

Dan J.S. wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBa9wdOANHw

And I want one now!

That's sweet!

I can foresee these things going the way of lawn darts.

They look like great fun but the potential for serious injury looks
pretty high to me and several recent deaths from these kind of back
that idea up.

Having broken my neck once, I am not willing to go there again or
expose my kids to it. I can see insurance underwriters cringing
everywhere.

Jeff

basskisser wrote:
Dan J.S. wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBa9wdOANHw

And I want one now!

That's sweet!

"CPSC Warns Consumers about Dangers of Tube Kiting
Two Deaths over the Past 3 Months Attributed to New Water Sport

CPSC is concerned about death and injury reports associated with tube
kiting. It is currently investigating two versions of these products to
determine if there is a significant product hazard.

Tube kiting is a relatively new form of extreme water sport which is
fast growing in popularity, but also extremely dangerous. CPSC is aware
of at least two deaths associated with tube kiting this year. A
33-year-old Texas man was killed in late April 2006 while tube kiting,
and a 42-year-old man died from injuries associated with tube kiting on
June 26, 2006 in Wisconsin.

CPSC is also aware of 12 serious injuries associated with tube kiting.
The injuries include a broken neck, punctured lung, broken ribs, broken
femur, chest and back injuries, and facial injuries, such as jaw
fractures."

http://www.uscgboating.org/articles/...iew.aspx?id=94

basskisser wrote:
Dan J.S. wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBa9wdOANHw

And I want one now!

That's sweet!

Check out the kite tube on www.sportsstuff.com

It's the new extreme, but must be done with caution now.... right? Probably
not.

Ron

"Dan J.S." wrote in message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBa9wdOANHw

And I want one now!

dt dt is offline

Ron Knapik wrote:

Check out the kite tube on www.sportsstuff.com

It's the new extreme, but must be done with caution now.... right? Probably
not.

The decorative flying skulls are a nice touch....

DT

Safer Boating RT Boat Building 7 April 27th 06 11:25 PM
Safer Boating RT Cruising 5 April 27th 06 11:55 AM
Boating Safer RT General 0 April 26th 06 05:05 PM