hank

Default 1998 Alpha 1 4.3 l mercruiser thermostat

My engine does not seem to get up to operating temperature, so I
suspect that the themostat is faulty. I removed the housing but could
not remove the thermostat. Does the housing come apart and if so how
does it?

Thanks,

hank

Jim

The t'stat is held in the housing by a sleeve. It's hard to remove without
damaging either or both, so just punch it out and replace the t'stat and
sleeve.
jim
"hank" wrote in message
ups.com...
My engine does not seem to get up to operating temperature, so I
suspect that the themostat is faulty. I removed the housing but could
not remove the thermostat. Does the housing come apart and if so how
does it?

Thanks,

hank

Junior Member

I went to replace both my thermostats in my twin 4.3L engines. When I compared the two, I noticed that the sleeves were in different on each side. Can anyone tell me the correct orientation for the sleeves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank View Post
Jim wrote:
The t'stat is held in the housing by a sleeve. It's hard to remove without
damaging either or both, so just punch it out and replace the t'stat and
sleeve.
jim
"hank" wrote in message
ups.com...
My engine does not seem to get up to operating temperature, so I
suspect that the themostat is faulty. I removed the housing but could
not remove the thermostat. Does the housing come apart and if so how
does it?

Thanks,

hank

Mercruiser 1998 4.3L [email protected] Cruising 1 December 8th 10 02:09 PM
Transom anodic bolt replacement Mercruiser Alpha [email protected] Boat Building 0 June 2nd 06 05:59 PM
Do I need to replace exhaust bellows on Mercruiser Alpha 1 Gen II? [email protected] General 1 May 18th 06 10:37 PM
Mercruiser Alpha 1 Rcpdrums General 2 May 9th 06 11:12 AM
1986 mercruiser alpha one sterndrive random electron General 3 April 26th 06 03:00 AM