Senecalaker Senecalaker is offline
Junior Member

I went to replace both my thermostats in my twin 4.3L engines. When I compared the two, I noticed that the sleeves were in different on each side. Can anyone tell me the correct orientation for the sleeves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank View Post
Thanks, that clarifies the issue. Took the boat out today and now it
seems to be working. I guess hammering on it did the trick!
Jim wrote:
The t'stat is held in the housing by a sleeve. It's hard to remove without
damaging either or both, so just punch it out and replace the t'stat and
sleeve.
jim
"hank" wrote in message
ups.com...
My engine does not seem to get up to operating temperature, so I
suspect that the themostat is faulty. I removed the housing but could
not remove the thermostat. Does the housing come apart and if so how
does it?

Thanks,

hank