Bossi

Default Antifreeze leaking from stern drive closed cooling system 470 merc

Please Help!
I am leaking antifreeze from stern drive inlet, I have a closed cooling
system, antifreeze drips out through propeller shaft.

Bossi, if I had to guess,.. your power steering cooler has a broken
tube.

-Topher

Bossi wrote:
Please Help!
I am leaking antifreeze from stern drive inlet, I have a closed cooling
system, antifreeze drips out through propeller shaft.

Jim

Check your heat exchanger.
Jim
"Bossi" wrote in message
oups.com...
Please Help!
I am leaking antifreeze from stern drive inlet, I have a closed cooling
system, antifreeze drips out through propeller shaft.

Bossi

Jim wrote:
Check your heat exchanger.
Jim
"Bossi" wrote in message
oups.com...
Please Help!
I am leaking antifreeze from stern drive inlet, I have a closed cooling
system, antifreeze drips out through propeller shaft.

Checked heat exchanger it's ok.

Jim

Check exhaust elbow and reservoir. Especially exhaust manifold gasket and
surfaces. Look for anti freeze residue.
Jim
"Bossi" wrote in message
oups.com...

Jim wrote:
Check your heat exchanger.
Jim
"Bossi" wrote in message
oups.com...
Please Help!
I am leaking antifreeze from stern drive inlet, I have a closed cooling
system, antifreeze drips out through propeller shaft.

Checked heat exchanger it's ok.

Topher

In a case like this I would pressure check the closed loop system with
a gauge. Have you pulled the spark plugs and checked for signs of
antifreeze in a cylinder?

~Chris