Tom G

Default PHX area: cheap boat and trailer (project).

"Jeff Burke" wrote in message
I just drove up there today for this but found that the trailer was too big
for
me to scale down for my purposes, carrying a small fishing boat.
If you need a really stout trailer, this is it, and the guy will take $100
for
the boat and trailer. To get the trailer titled you just apply for an
abandoned
title, no big deal at all.
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/boa/174066109.html

The boat is a lot bigger in person than it looks in the pictures.

Seems that in Arizona they give you a title that is conditional on no one
else showing up within a certain time period and claiming prior ownership of
the trailer. I brought a boat and trailer from Illinois and they after
inspecting the trailer said they would give me a "conditional" title but if
someone else showed up to claim it, I would lose it. I asked why as I had
the title signed from the previous owner. They said they couldn't find the
serial number on the trailer. I had to take the trailer back through the
inspection line and show the inspector where the serial # plate was and all
was ok after that. I used to hate the long waiting in line at the DMV. I
hurt my back once and was temporarily carrying a cane in case my back went
into spasm when I tried to get out of a chair. Got my waiting number at DMV
and was surprise that I was called up within 5 minutes. Then realized, they
thought I was permanently handicapped and I had been put in the handicapped
area. Nice, but I did feel a little guilty afterwards. Was tempted to
carry a cane into DMV after that but never did.

Tom G.