Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Josh Assing

Default Hard to shift...

Cobra outdrive, 1990 vintage.

The other day we docked and I put it into neutral. Except it went into reverse,
my bad; I put it forward.. but; guess what? it stayed in reverse!

Today; it happened again; and with annoying consistency..... It took a great
deal of manual effort to get it out of gear.

I'm discovering some electrical issues with the boat. (for instance, a right
turn would stall the boat, hitting the trim button sometimes causes the engine
to "backfire")

I'm wondering if this is a gear/transmittion issue; or possibly the "kill the
engine for a second" switch.

Anyone have thoughts?

Thanks
-josh