Default gear lube leak???????????????

I have a 1989 four winns with 344 hours and an OMC I/O and it has been
ran a handful of times this year. I ran it on the ears in the driveway
today and noticed a small pool of gear lube on the driveway. I lowered
the engine when I ran it and then raised it when I was done. So I am
assuming it started leaking when the engine was down. It is coming from
behind the propeller. ANyone know what this could be?

Thanks

Butch Davis

Well, it could be from a leaking propshaft seal. Why not take it in for a
water pump overhaul, pressure test, and whatever work the pressure test
indicates?

Butch
wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 1989 four winns with 344 hours and an OMC I/O and it has been
ran a handful of times this year. I ran it on the ears in the driveway
today and noticed a small pool of gear lube on the driveway. I lowered
the engine when I ran it and then raised it when I was done. So I am
assuming it started leaking when the engine was down. It is coming from
behind the propeller. ANyone know what this could be?

Thanks

Boat won't go into gear Travis General 12 December 3rd 11 09:44 PM
Leak ,,, raining ,,, leak Thomas Wentworth Cruising 17 June 25th 06 05:38 PM
leak from upper shift shaft? chris General 2 June 5th 06 08:42 PM
Gear Oil in the Bilge Jeff General 6 May 10th 06 01:38 AM
FS: NorCal 13' SOTAR raft and gear SB Whitewater 0 January 6th 06 07:17 PM