Butch Davis

Default gear lube leak???????????????

Well, it could be from a leaking propshaft seal. Why not take it in for a
water pump overhaul, pressure test, and whatever work the pressure test
indicates?

Butch
wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 1989 four winns with 344 hours and an OMC I/O and it has been
ran a handful of times this year. I ran it on the ears in the driveway
today and noticed a small pool of gear lube on the driveway. I lowered
the engine when I ran it and then raised it when I was done. So I am
assuming it started leaking when the engine was down. It is coming from
behind the propeller. ANyone know what this could be?

Thanks