Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
gprimerib

Default newbie wanting to buy first boat: what to check for?

Okay, so I want to ditch my old small aluminum fishing boat and it's
little O/B merc and get something I can carry all the family in and
pull a tube or ski. I come across a 1970 Sea Ray tri-hull with a 75HP
merc. Floor will probably need replacing this year (starting to get
soft) and it needs a new prop.

But what else to check for? A search on googleNews says to check for
rotting transom and stringers, but how do you check those? Anything
else I should look for?

DM