Roger

Default How much gas did you burn this weekend while boating?

How much gas did you burn this Memorial Day weekend (Sat-Sun-Mon) in
your boat(s)?

Me first: 29 gallons @ $2.87/gal.

Roger wrote:
How much gas did you burn this Memorial Day weekend (Sat-Sun-Mon) in
your boat(s)?

Me first: 29 gallons @ $2.87/gal.

Only 18 gallons tooling around the bay and backwaters in South Jersey
from Great Egg Harbor (Beasley's Point) to Cape May and back, on
Sunday. Did not do the planned run to Ocean City, Md., via Indian
River Bay and Assowoman Canal, and back, as conditions on the ocean
were just not favorable; I headed out Corson's Inlet at about 10:30 and
it was just really a little too rough to go to Cape May and cross the
Delaware Bay as I was planning (thankfully I"d gleaned some good info
from this ng about how the bay). Down at Cape May I tried again to
poke out the inlet and it had flattened (although I'd lost a lot of
time by then just exploring a lot of the swamp creeks and stuff) but a
really thick fog had set in all over the ocean, didn't affect the bay
at all but when you headed out the inlet you couldn't even see the end
of the jetties. So it was not meant to be! So I stayed to the
one-tank-per-ride rule that I've been limiting myself to so far this
year, even though I had planned to make an exception for this ride.

Of course the nice relatively cheap NJ gas prices were a relief.

richforman

Don White

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Tue, 30 May 2006 12:48:15 -0400, Roger wrote:

How much gas did you burn this Memorial Day weekend (Sat-Sun-Mon) in
your boat(s)?

Not enough. :)

You back to normal Tom?
Calif Bill

On Tue, 30 May 2006 12:48:15 -0400, Roger wrote:

How much gas did you burn this Memorial Day weekend (Sat-Sun-Mon) in
your boat(s)?

Not enough. :)

So a little more gas for a drive by? I used no boat gas. Trying to get the
house ready for daughters wedding in August, and the pool plasterers finally
showed up Friday, a month late. So could not leave while pool was filling
and needing it's twice a day brushing. Did have friends over for dinner
Sunday.

DSK

We probably burned more than 3 gallons (diesel) but
certainly less than 10. Went out for a brief ride on the
river Saturday, most of the afternoon Sunday, had to be back
at work Monday.

Fair Skies- Doug King

Don White

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Tue, 30 May 2006 21:43:47 GMT, Don White
wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

On Tue, 30 May 2006 12:48:15 -0400, Roger wrote:

How much gas did you burn this Memorial Day weekend (Sat-Sun-Mon) in
your boat(s)?

Not enough. :)

You back to normal Tom?

Define "normal".... :)

No - just one snarky comment and a question - then I'm off once again.

I was thinking of your arm/shoulder.
Tim

Roger wrote:
How much gas did you burn this Memorial Day weekend (Sat-Sun-Mon) in
your boat(s)?

Me first: 29 gallons @ $2.87/gal.

My little Chris Craft Scorption 169 did pretty good. it's got a 3.0- 4
banger.

Took my nephew out to Lake Carlisle, and turned the whole lake (approx.
20+ mi.) on 8 gal of gas.

I don't hammer the boat. but run about 3,000 rpm, which is plane speed
+ a bit extra.

it comeso ut of the hole pretty soft, so I cram it WOT. but when the
bow drops it speeds rather quickly, so I back the trottle down to
3-3200 and it moves quite well.

We did some pittering around in the shallow places. the wheel would
start to jerk a bit and I noticed the gray/blue mud coming from the
stern. Elevated the prop a bit and idled though about 100 yards of
muck, then back up to speed.

Stopped, swam, a bit, then hit it again.

it was a blast!

The beat up old mercury gran marquis didn't do too bad either. It used
8.05 gal to pull the boat 129 mi. round trip. at $2.74 per gal.

not a Monday cruise for not much fuel.

Don White

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

The right one is fine and dandy.

Tore the left one this past week and in the fall will have to have
that one done.

Then, possibly, a hip replacement.

And my kids are after me to get a colonoscopy.

Hah - like that will ever happen. :)

Thanks for asking.

Good grief!
Is this what I'll have to look forward to when I get 'old'? :-)
Bryan

"Roger" wrote in message
How much gas did you burn this Memorial Day weekend (Sat-Sun-Mon) in your
boat(s)?

Me first: 29 gallons @ $2.87/gal.

Me, 8 gallons at 3.199/gal.

RCE

And my kids are after me to get a colonoscopy.

Hah - like that will ever happen. :)

Thanks for asking.

Now that I am "experienced" .... I can honestly claim that it was no big
deal, other than the anticipation.
I don't know what the drugs are that they give you, but I remember not
giving a %&8# while *she* explored.
Kinda nice peace of mind knowing all was A-ok.

RCE

Safer Boating RT Boat Building 7 April 27th 06 11:25 PM
Safer Boating RT Cruising 5 April 27th 06 11:55 AM
Boating Safer RT General 0 April 26th 06 05:05 PM