John Gaquin

Default I reveresed my battery and now....

"El Penguini" wrote in message

Are these the best responses the Internet has to offer? I was looking
for some real help, not this crap.

CRAP??!! I think not. Given that you already overlooked the big "+" and
"-" signs embossed on the battery, and you already overlooked the [probable]
fact that one big fat cable is RED and the other big fat cable is BLACK, my
immediate sense would be that the most timely and valid advice available
would be to henceforth have someone else work on the engine. Nothing
personal -- just reality. Many people who are adept with things mechanical
probably couldn't do your job intuitively, either.

El Penguini

I'm sorry, but you guys are idiots. I've never received such poor help
on a newsgroup as I have here.

JohnH

On 28 May 2006 09:37:52 -0700, "El Penguini"
wrote:

I'm sorry, but you guys are idiots. I've never received such poor help
on a newsgroup as I have here.

Did you heed what I told you? No.

I'd be surprised, now, if anyone *did* offer to provide more help.

To call someone an idiot, because they can't completely diagnose your
problem over the internet, seems to be the height of 'idiocy. If you, sir,
are right there and can't diagnose your problem, what, pray tell, does that
make you?
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
Don White

El Penguini wrote:
I'm sorry, but you guys are idiots. I've never received such poor help
on a newsgroup as I have here.

You get what you paid for!
Reginald P. Smithers

Don White wrote:
El Penguini wrote:
I'm sorry, but you guys are idiots. I've never received such poor help
on a newsgroup as I have here.

You get what you paid for!

He wants a refund.

--
Reggie

That's my story and I am sticking to it.

John Gaquin

"El Penguini" wrote in message

I've never received such poor help
on a newsgroup as I have here.

Gee, you sign on and post "I fried my electrical system-tell me what's
broken" and then get aggravated when no specific answers are forthcoming.

In an earlier post, you wrote "Some dip**** damaged my boat..." I didn't
realize at the time you were being autobiographical.

JoeSpareBedroom

"El Penguini" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm sorry, but you guys are idiots. I've never received such poor help
on a newsgroup as I have here.

I suspect that if you think you're having a heart attack, you'll call your
doctor, stick the phone on your chest, and ask him if things sound right.

jiminfl

The Yammy expert should be along shortly to offer you some advice. The
advice you get kind of depends on you.
Happy Memorial Day
Jim

JoeSpareBedroom

"El Penguini" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm sorry, but you guys are idiots. I've never received such poor help
on a newsgroup as I have here.

How old are you? I'm just curious - it's something I ask a lot.

El Penguini

I'm posting this in the event that someone else does something similar
and thinks that this newsgroup might offer any real advice.

The reverse polarity was properly fused and did no damage. There is a
very, very small chance of doing damage (from the Yamaha expert I
contacted), and my other problems were related to the idiot that
damaged my boat in the first place.

Now, you fools should learn to not answer things you don't know about.
That is the most distressing part of the internet. I expected someone
(in the 33 posts so far) would say, "Well, El Penguini, that wasn't
smart, but here's what you need to do...." or provide some personal
experience. Other newsgroups I've talked with have provided that help.
But the internet isn't what it used to be, know that you don't have to
be educated to get connected.

So, while you all enjoyed yourselves, sitting smugly in front of your
computer offering such sage advice as, "Have your wife connect your
battery" and "Look for the plus sign," I figured out another source of
information that was actually helpful.

If you think this is help, you're confusing helping others with
masturbating. Both feel good to you, but only one feels good to both
people.