JohnH

Default Open question - Is this appropriate behavior...?

On 25 May 2006 19:00:31 -0700, "
wrote:

JohnH wrote:
We've all enjoyed having Rich in the group. As have others, he has shared
pictures of his boat, his house, his car, etc. Now he is being attacked for
doing so, and in a way that, to me, is despicable.

"JimH" wrote in message
oups.com...
And in your case.....narcissistic.

Any new pictures of the things you purchased and want to flaunt to the
NG? You know, the "look what I have but you don't" type you normally
post.

Have a super fantasticalictic weekend materialistic boy.;-)

Comments? Do you actually approve of this in the newsgroup?
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

"Is this appropriate behavior?"

Are referring to your post, launched as nothing more than a personal
remark about another poster in an effort to perpetuate a feud?

If so, then my answer would be "no."

No Chuck, I'm referring to a personal attack of a viciousness which is
despicable. As long as folks condone that behavior, it will continue. I can
put up with political posting much better than with this crap.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
Reginald P. Smithers

RCE wrote:
"JohnH" wrote in message
John,

His comments really don't bother or annoy me. It's entertaining reading
his
very predictable and asinine responses.

RCE

I'm sure they don't, and many do provide a sick sort of humor. But, his
comments are not the kind of behavior that should be condoned by anyone.
He
was quite proud of the pictures of his house, and got very angry when
Harry
made comments about them. For him to make comments about anyone's good
fortune is inappropriate as hell.
--
'Til next time,

John H

I noticed that, but chose to ignore it. What's worse is that he shoots his
mouth off with very little knowledge of the facts. That's what I find
amusing.

RCE

Richard,
You are correct, a true troll really doesn't care how silly he looks,
his objective is to find something that will incite long asinine
threads. The only effective method of combating trolls is to ignore
them, and at times that can be difficult, especially if they hit a
personal hot button (as with JohnH and his fund raising efforts).

If you look at different NG's there are always trolls, and there is
nothing to get rid of them, the key is for the regulars not to get
sucked in.

--
Reggie

That's my story and I am sticking to it.
basskisser

"JimH" wrote in message
oups.com...
And in your case.....narcissistic.

Any new pictures of the things you purchased and want to flaunt to the
NG? You know, the "look what I have but you don't" type you normally
post.

Have a super fantasticalictic weekend materialistic boy.;-)

Comments? Do you actually approve of this in the newsgroup?
--
'Til next time,

John H

I agree 100%. It's pure childish jealousy. Rich contribute here in both
knowledge and fun.

JohnH wrote:

"JimH" wrote in message
[...]

In that case, my advice would be to try to be the "bigger" man.
Stooping to the attacker's level simply means that two people are
playing the fool. The party who accused you of lying about matching
donations to your daughter's cancer fund has alienated himself, at
least temporarily, in a way that we haven't seen since that Bayliner
owner from Kansas last hung around here. Even Bert and Fritz, a couple
of guys never bashful about sharing opinions about other people, have
told him to cool it, (see "is it time for the group to designate...").
If he persists, he will find himself Skipperized in short order- but
you don't want to go down in the flames of his self destruction.

Why not publicly bury the hatchet with the guy and just start over? It
doesn't matter whether
one of you guys is right and the other is wrong, you are both wrong if
you launch threads simply to attack the other guy. Heck, it doesn't
even need to be some long dramatic self effacing event. Here's all it
takes to put this thing to rest.

1. Here's a virtual peace pipe: (careful, it was packed by a liberal
so you don't know just what sort of wacky tabacky it might contain
grin)

2. To end the dispute, simply respond to this thread with the single
word "Toke". If you each take a toke, it's over, everybody's even, and
life goes on. Everybody forgives and forgets, no strings attached.

Any takers? ("tokers")? :

Reginald P. Smithers

wrote:
JohnH wrote:

"JimH" wrote in message
[...]

Chuck,

This would work with the majority of people, but there are some that can
be be handled by just ignoring them. There are some who knowingly lie,
just so they can start a fight (i am thinking about someone who has done
with numerous times, (ie two quick examples are when he said you
published his home address and phone number and started 100's of post
calling you what a low life dog for publishing his personal info. When
he found out someone had cached the web site, he suddenly sheepishly
apologized).

This kind of person is best ignored.

--
Reggie

That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Reginald P. Smithers wrote:
wrote:
JohnH wrote:

"JimH" wrote in message
[...]

Plenty of peace pipe to go around. :-)

We see the best and the worst of ourselves reflected in the people
around us. It's my opinion that if we expect to grow and improve as
individuals, we have to get past the point where we dwell on the
(perceived) faults of others. Two reasons; 1) if we can't forgive our
worst faults personified by others we will never get free of the burden
those same faults place on our own spiritual or pyschological progress.
2) Just as we all, individually, combine some extremely worthy as well
as some extremely unworthy aspects so do the people we encounter
throughout life. If we focus on the unworthiness of others we cannot
adequately appreciate their worth- and it is only the worthiness of our
brothers and sisters that enriches our own lives. As I said, that's my
opinion. Your mileage may vary, and if it does that's still pretty much
OK.

Reginald P. Smithers

wrote:
Reginald P. Smithers wrote:
wrote:
JohnH wrote:

"JimH" wrote in message
[...]

Can you hear the music in the background? Listen closely, I think it is
Kumbaya, but I am not sure.

Have a great day, and your boat's paint job really looks nice, can you
imagine how slow and careful you will be docking and hauling your anchor
for the next few years.

--
Reggie

That's my story and I am sticking to it.
basskisser

Reginald P. Smithers wrote:
wrote:
JohnH wrote:

"JimH" wrote in message
[...]

I think it's PMS.......really, take a look. He'll rant, rant, ****
people off, troll, act like an ass for a period of time.........then
come back and stay on topic, never taking blame for his own actions, or
even accepting the fact that he DID such...If you're married, this
probably sounds very familiar!!!!! We'll have to clock the cycles to
find out just when that occurs.

Reginald P. Smithers

Reginald P. Smithers wrote:
wrote:
Reginald P. Smithers wrote:
wrote:
JohnH wrote:

"JimH" wrote in message
[...]

PS - This reminds me of a boat I saw being launch on a quiet weekday.
It was a old woody Chris Craft runabout, in PERFECT condition. The guy
has spent 2 years doing the work himself, but it looked like it was done
by pros.

He was by himself, so I went down to help (and check out his boat). He
launched his boat, and asked me if I would drive his car and trailer to
the parking lot. As I came back to work on my boat, I saw him trying to
back the woody into an empty slip, when they wind gusted and caught the
boat. The metal slip did not have any fenders and he made a 2 ft. gash
along the side.

That made me cringe, I can't imagine how he felt. Since then I have
always remembered, fenders are your friends.

--
Reggie

That's my story and I am sticking to it.
Reginald P. Smithers

So are you staying clear of the lake this weekend? This is the one
weekend I never go to the lake, it is worse than the 4th of July.

A Question of Class Capt. Rob ASA 2 May 12th 06 02:42 PM
Software question for our resident geeks... RCE General 4 March 6th 06 02:33 PM
rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 February 18th 06 05:27 AM
rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 December 19th 05 05:37 AM