oelf92

Default Rewiring Trailer help....

I have a 94 Shorelander trailer that i need to rewire for the lights. This
may sound stupid but I haven't done this before and was looking for tips on
feeding the new wires through.. Also for wiring the two side fender lights
(front fender yellow and rear fender red). In addtion think I should switch
to LED lights? I feel that i replace my regular trailer lights every year
because of corrosion...

Thanks! !!

JohnH

On Sun, 21 May 2006 13:48:30 -0400, "oelf92"
wrote:

I have a 94 Shorelander trailer that i need to rewire for the lights. This
may sound stupid but I haven't done this before and was looking for tips on
feeding the new wires through.. Also for wiring the two side fender lights
(front fender yellow and rear fender red). In addtion think I should switch
to LED lights? I feel that i replace my regular trailer lights every year
because of corrosion...

Thanks! !!

I've used the old wires to feed the new ones through. Just fasten the new
ones to the old ones at the front, then pull them through from the rear.

Can't advise on the LED lights. I've bought the waterproof lights from
Western Marine, and have never had a problem with them.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
Calif Bill

"oelf92" wrote in message
I have a 94 Shorelander trailer that i need to rewire for the lights. This
may sound stupid but I haven't done this before and was looking for tips on
feeding the new wires through.. Also for wiring the two side fender lights
(front fender yellow and rear fender red). In addtion think I should
switch to LED lights? I feel that i replace my regular trailer lights
every year because of corrosion...

Thanks! !!

Go with the LED's. In 3 years, I have had 1 fail. Bass Pro Shops has a kit
for about $36 without side lights. Just hook the new wire to the old wire
and pull in through the frame, or the kits come with clips to attach the new
wire to the frame on I beam trailers.

tailpipe in saltwater when launching s o General 9 May 11th 06 08:18 PM
New trailer [email protected] General 9 April 20th 06 07:58 PM
Dumb question about a small trailer repair.. [email protected] General 8 February 4th 06 01:14 AM
boat trailer question, pics of trailer, opinions? Bill McKee General 0 December 12th 05 03:26 AM
Submerge the Trailer When We Launch a Boat? [email protected] General 41 November 14th 05 01:51 AM